Food What to do with ground chicken?

Thanks everyone for your recipes! I've written the instructions down and taped to my fridge. Now I will know what to do with the ground chicken when I get it again.

Unfortunately, I wasn't ableto use any of the recipes. My laptop ran out of batteries so I just decided to wing in. But it was a success!!! Here's what I made from the ground chicken with what little is in my fridge.

I didn't use any real measurements so if you want to use it, just go by feel.

1. Mixed ground chicken, soy sauce, chopped onions, black pepper, and salt together.

SPAGHETTI SAUCE:
Sauteed in pan until almost fully cooked, then added some no-name spaghetti sauce to simmer.

LETTUCE WRAPS
THIS WAS THE MAJOR SUCCESS!! Mixed paprika and cumin in with the other ingredients and sauteed until almost done. Then added sambal chili sauce (the stuff you get at Vietnamese restaurants) and a bit more soy sauce. Then I took the outer greeny leaves of a head of romaine lettuce and used them as wraps for the ground chicken! It was freakin' DELICIOUS. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Brown it well and add it to your favorite mac and cheese recipe. I use Fontina cheese, which is a gentle, white, Italian melting cheese and penne pasta, add sauteed sweet onions and top with Panko crumbs. Yum.

8 ozs. penne pasta, cooked al dente
3 tbs butter, melted
3 tbs flour, added to the butter to make a light roux
1 1/2 c milk
1 1/2 c fontina cheese, grated
minced onion, to your liking
dash of salt and pepper
shredded chicken or browned ground chicken.

For the sauce, after you make the roux, add the milk slowly and whisk until smooth. Add the cheese and stir til melted. Combine all other ingredients, stir gently, then throw it all into a casserole dish and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

BTW, azia, what are those luscious looking treats in your avatar? Or am I going blind and they're not edible?