What to do when white strips hurt your teeth?

i started using sensodyne about 2 weeks before whitening and it has helped SO much (thanks swanks! :heart:)
this is the 20% dentist gel whitening (contrast something or other) and before the sensodyne, i'd get these lightning bolts of pain through my teeth - it really hurt! now, while my teeth are a bit sensitive to cold and heat, there are no flashes of pain and my teeth don't hurt at all. love it!

Yikes! Been there done that! Sorry to say - need to stop using the strips... teeth is whispering to you... "Stop using the strips!!"

Yes, I agree with everyone here... use over the counter Sensodyne... if that doesn't work - there's this toothpaste I get from the Dentist that has a lot of fluoride in it... apparently the fluoride helps to desensitize the teeth. It works but had to get it from the dentist.

i tried the crest whitestrips when they first came out and my teeth only felt mildly sensitive after i had used them for about twice a day for 7 days, but i stopped and never used them ever again. my sensitivity went away within a couple of days, but if it bothers you that much then i'd suggest you don't use the whitestrips again and try go smile (not right away) instead since you have more control over where you apply the stuff.

I thought that dentists recommend fluoride for tooth sensitivity after bleaching. I never got any but that's what I thought you were supposed to use for post bleaching sensitivity. Maybe you can google it. I think there may be fluoride gels.

The white strips killed my teeth - no matter which brand I bought. I switched to Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster - it's a gel you add to your regular toothpaste. I've seen results in the two weeks I've been using it.