what to do about creepy strangers who approach you?

kadelle

Feb 16, 2013
Hello everyone!

Probably any male or female can relate to the issue of having a creepy, disrespectful stranger walk up to you, chat you up, follow you or harrass you in one way or the other.

What are some good phrases or ways to get rid of them? I'm looking for something that will drive them away clearly but at the same time not insult them or make them mad - since no one knows what an aggressive stranger is able to do!

It makes me so sick that people actually think they have the right to harrass fellow human beings as they please. :mad:

Thank you for any tips in advance x

Two words---- look and leave! Look and check if they have something on hand that can hurt you and leave because you don't have to listen to their BS.

I'll keep those words in mind :smile: My problem is that I have always been creepily approached by a stranger who was pretending to need innocent help in finding a bus station or street number and THEN reveals himself to have a creepy agenda. Guess I gotta get better at identifying their intentions from the way they behave in the beginning... thanks for the tip! :tup:

i either ignore and walk away or if the person tries to engage in conversation or act like they need help- "sorry i can't help you" and then walk away.

Hmm.
Some of my life's creepy strangers actually were nice. Just awkward.
The screaming & waving homeless man on sidewalk--warning me not to drive over concrete chunk with protruding steel rebar. Which I could not see in road, but he did.

However, some of the cleanest & most polite strangers reeked of foul designs.
After 10 words. And a few eye movements.

I raise my empty hands between us. Say, "Stop."
Friends call it my conversation-ender move.
Generally works. For many reasons.

Walking away is good, too.

Or pour a milkshake over your own head.
[credit: Penn & Teller, How To Play With Your Food(1992)]
No one wants to tangle with sticky & crazy.:biggrin:

I'll help out if the question is as simple as "do you know the time?", but if they start to show other intentions, I'd smile it off and say that I have to go as my hubby/friends are waiting for me over there (pointing in some direction).

Remainsilly. Good one! Lmbo

Or pour a milkshake over your own head.
[credit: Penn & Teller, How To Play With Your Food(1992)]
No one wants to tangle with sticky & crazy.:biggrin:
[/QUOTE]

Actual crime report was told about, years ago:
college girl walking on campus--scared away attacker by dropping to hands & knees, barking as dog & eating grass.
And was not harmed.
Crazy can work wonders.;)

Actual crime report was told about, years ago:
college girl walking on campus--scared away attacker by dropping to hands & knees, barking as dog & eating grass.
And was not harmed.
Crazy can work wonders.;)[/QUOTE]

YW [emoji173]️
I've heard jokes about it before. Never thought it was done for real! Lol Good for her! [emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: remainsilly
Everyone has given good advice. I don't give men the time or directions, ever.

Sorry, I live in NYC and there are way too many creeps here, so I've become a bit wary of interacting with men I don't know.

If you're a grown man, you can figure out the time and directions yourself!

Here's a good phrase you can try: say 'no English' and just repeat it as you walk away waving goodbye.