What to buy in Paris?

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
Leaving tomorrow for 3 1/2 weeks - OMG - not planning to go to Hermes, Chanel, Darel or LV - Is there any bag I should get over there? Not spending a huge amount of money - just bought a DVF and a LV not long ago and I'm not even wearing these bags. Turning over these expensive bags is not easy in this economy, and of course you can't convince ebay buyers that you have an authentic bag .

I'm planning on going to Paris later this year. My plan is to get a Darel. I live in NYC so can pretty much get anything here. I love the Darel bags and can't wait to be able to have my choice of styles and colors.

I'm planning on going to Paris later this year. My plan is to get a Darel. I live in NYC so can pretty much get anything here. I love the Darel bags and can't wait to be able to have my choice of styles and colors.

I bought one a few years ago, a beautiful black quilted classic style and I never use it - for some reason, I always choose another one.

I bought one a few years ago, a beautiful black quilted classic style and I never use it - for some reason, I always choose another one.

I on the other hand love mine and it's just a plain boring brown one. I'd love to get a color. :graucho:

But I'm also going to keep an open mind and my eyes peeled and if I see something else that makes my heart skip, that will be the buy.:yahoo:

I'd buy something handcrafted that catches your fancy that you know you don't find in Miami or online. It makes it so much more a stamp of Paris and therefore special, you know? There must be so many leather bag artisans in Paris...

If you go out to La Vallee [the stop before Disneyland], there are a couple of stores where you can get discount bags including a Longchamp, Lancel and Salvatore Ferragamo...