What to buy from a credit note Help

Oct 25, 2019
Dear TPF Members,

I have apart from shoes (owning many sandals, sneakers, slingback and heels) and Sunglasses purchased only very few items from Chanel.
I had a 2012 Jumbo caviar flap, which I sold. A 2016 Coco Cuba Olive green Boy in lambskin which I gave away. A Chanel Keyboard clutch (2017) and a cotton with sequin Deauville (2017).
Ive been very loyal to Hermes and have purchased 15+ bags from this brand from mini size to large size I own mini Kelly, Kelly 25, Birkin 25, 30, 35. 24/24, constance mini, verrou and clutches. both normal and exotic leathers and was actually content.
I always thought the Chanel clothing to be extremely overpriced and never set foot in store. I order shoes directly with my SA and they get delivered home.
I love to dress very plain but good quality. I dont love logos at all so I would never go for a classic flap anymore.

Not too long ago I walked inside a Chanel store because my daughter wanted to have earrings and saw a super cute caviar sunglasses case on a chain and purchased it, I then started to become more interested in the brand, I requested my SA for the Cruise 24 golden backpack purchase it but when it arrived home it looked weird on me. I have exchanged it but have now a 7.600 use credit note.

My question for you is; with this credit note in hand what would you buy?

If it were me, I would buy an amazing piece of RTW. Not sweaters which I think are overpriced for someone who has no Chanel RTW, but perhaps a nice classic jacket. My Chanel RTW pieces have lasted many years. I still own and wear pieces from the first year that I bought RTW, in 2001.

im not sure of the current prices, but your credit note is a sizable percentage of a watch or diamond ring.

Or perhaps use the credit note to fund shoes and things you know you will use.

your SA might have suggestions; have fun!

I look forward to seeing your updates to this thread, and if you are so inclined, action shots :smile:

Suggest going into the Chanel Boutique & perhaps look at some RTW as suggested @880
Chanel RTW in many ways is timeless. Perhaps try on a jacket or a coat to see if you like the look
on yourself, you may be pleasantly surprised & perhaps with your SA you can explore some options
she may have.
If you are interested in the Chanel bijoux, that could be nice to explore as well
Think if you go in with an open mind & look at categories that are new to you, you may walk
out with an unexpected purchase which is always the best.
PS.. find out how long your credit is good for as you will want to use it before if it expires
(Not sure is Chanel credits expire so would check, JMO)
Enjoy exploring Chanel on a new level for yourself!

Hi! This is simple to me..
Since you mainly buy their shoes, I think you should just focus on shoes.

It seems you don't like Chanel RTW, so I would not force it. You will regret owning just that "one piece" of RTW because you had a big credit to use. Also, I think Chanel RTW will be a bit loud for your "plain no-logo" style so you will probably not wear it often. Chanel RTW is not what is used to be, which was much more subtle on the logos. It was more about style vs. the logo. I find Chanel RTW pieces today a bit loud, and every item has screaming logos. That's just me, so I vote no to RTW for you.

I am a huge fan of Chanel shoes, and Chanels are the only shoes I buy. I don't mind screaming logos on some Chanel shoes as that is part of the aesthetic of a fashionable Chanel shoe. :biggrin: :heart:

$7600 does not go far these days when shopping at Chanel, so you can easily spend it all on 3-5 pairs of shoes!

Which shoes?
I don't see ballets or loafers in your list, and these two type of shoes are very stylish now.
I would get a 2 ballets, 2 loafers, and then perhaps a slingback or espadrille for the summer. Your timing is good as there are lots of options now to choose from 23B, 23K, and 24C. You can even buy more slingbacks. 24C has a gorgeous pair of confetti paillettes slingbacks... so spring and summery! What a beautiful pop... you will get compliments galore.

There are many gorgeous loafers including the classic turnlock which is super popular (black is back for 24C). I definitely recommend you get some cool loafers and beautiful ballets.

Also, if you wear a certain shoe often as part of your regular look, I would get a second pair. I do that often. I love ballets and wear them to death. I often buy repeats of the same pair, one for a backup. This is also true of seasonal colors I love.

It's very easy to spend $7600 on some fabulous shoes, so I would just stay with what you love!
Just my two cents. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Last edited:
I’d get a reissue mini and a WOC. Although the price is astronomical these days, I still find the classic 2.55 in the small distressed black calf in any preferred hardware to be the perfect understated bag. No CC logo and it’s something that won’t date. That is, if you want to spend more on top of the note. Would love to see what you get!

If it were me, I would buy an amazing piece of RTW. Not sweaters which I think are overpriced for someone who has no Chanel RTW, but perhaps a nice classic jacket. My Chanel RTW pieces have lasted many years. I still own and wear pieces from the first year that I bought RTW, in 2001.

im not sure of the current prices, but your credit note is a sizable percentage of a watch or diamond ring.

I look forward to seeing your updates to this thread, and if you are so inclined, action shots :smile:

Suggest going into the Chanel Boutique & perhaps look at some RTW as suggested @880
Chanel RTW in many ways is timeless. Perhaps try on a jacket or a coat to see if you like the look
on yourself, you may be pleasantly surprised & perhaps with your SA you can explore some options
she may have.
If you are interested in the Chanel bijoux, that could be nice to explore as well
Think if you go in with an open mind & look at categories that are new to you, you may walk
out with an unexpected purchase which is always the best.
PS.. find out how long your credit is good for as you will want to use it before if it expires
(Not sure is Chanel credits expire so would check, JMO)
Enjoy exploring Chanel on a new level for yourself!

I agree with this :tup:.

Not sure if you like fine jewelry, otherwise you might want to have a look at that as well. Definitely check if there is an expire date for your credit, if not, just take your time until you find something that you really love.

Thank you for your thoughts! I do think a classic jacket would be so good! I do love jackets a lot and have a lot of dior and Hermes but not a single Chanel 🫣

• Love
Reactions: 880