What size downtown?

rnp1987

Apr 21, 2008
Hi All!

I am currently being very tempted to buy a small downtown. As I have never tried it on I hope you will be able to give me some advice on what size will be the best for me. I am 5'6'' and 130 lbs. I don't carry too much in my bag: a MJ zip clutch wallet, phone, checkbook, small make up bag, and a large sunglasses case. Do you think the small would be the right size on me?

TIA for your help!

I am the same height (and dreaming of your weight :smile:)))), if you are not toting too much small woudl be great. It has a square bottom, so that is pretty spacious bag. I carry medium, but I have student papers, lunch and all sorts of stuff, A LOT, and medium is perfect size and still does not look too filled. For your stuff, small would do.

I searched the reference library and I couldn't find any good modeling pics of the downtown, with it shown on the shoulder and the crook of your arm. Once I get my first YSL (either the downtown or the muse) we'll have to beef up the modeling pic thread!!

I have a small downtown in black leather and use it everyday. It is the perfect size to hold all of my things. I am the same height and weight as you ahd this size is perfect for me. You should try on the different sizes. That is what I did and found the medium to be too large for me.

Thank you Cosmo!! I did see a lot of those pictures, I was just unsure on the height of the pfers and also what could fit inside. Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

i posted pics of me wearing my small DT on the "what do you wear with your YSl" thread. I am only 5ft tall though.

I did see your lovely pics!!! They were actually what made me rethink the downtown. I have a Rebecca Minkoff nikki that is a bottomless pit (still love it) but I don't want to but another one. I love that it is still relatively structured.