What should I match with rose gold sweet Alhambra bracelet 6 motif

Pchul

Apr 3, 2020
Hi everyone
I’ve put in an order for the rose gold sweet Alhambra bracelet (6 motif). This will be my first piece in rose gold. I want a piece to match with the bracelet and was wondering if it would be better to get matching sweet earrings or sweet necklace?

In terms of my collection, I mostly have yellow gold pieces, except for my white gold wedding set. I already have the sweet Alhambra earrings in onyx and the vintage Alhambra necklace in onyx.

And what do you think about mixing metals? For example wearing the bracelet with white gold diamond earrings?

Attachments

• IMG_8642.png
    IMG_8642.png
    154 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8570.png
    IMG_8570.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8571.png
    IMG_8571.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 4
I personally love mixing metals, and have no issue with it.

In terms of adding a matching piece, if you are wedded to the idea of the sweet size, I would go for the earrings rather than the necklace. I don't think the sweet necklace has that much presence on the neck as opposed to the vintage RG pendant, whilst the earrings would look good on most ears.

But if you are not fussed about matching sizes, I would go for the vintage pendant - it's my absolute favourite necklace.

Reactions: spaul and Pchul
I personally love mixing metals, and have no issue with it.

In terms of adding a matching piece, if you are wedded to the idea of the sweet size, I would go for the earrings rather than the necklace. I don't think the sweet necklace has that much presence on the neck as opposed to the vintage RG pendant, whilst the earrings would look good on most ears.

But if you are not fussed about matching sizes, I would go for the vintage pendant - it's my absolute favourite necklace.
Thank you - really helpful response. I’ll think I’ll go for mixing metals.

I feel like rose gold as a bracelet is quite subtle (which I don’t mind as I want to wear it as an every day piece) but wonder if as you say, might be a bit underwhelming as necklace or earrings. The annoying thing is that I never see them in store so can’t try it on to see.
I’ll have a think about the vintage size for the necklace - I wish there was size in between the sweet and vintage.

Reactions: Prada Prince
I have the same bracelet and typically pair it with the holiday pendant in rg/obsidian or 16 motif rg hammered sweet necklack, sometimes layer with the sweet pendant rg/carnelian. The sweet ear studs would be nice but for the pendant, agreed with @Prada Prince about the sweet rg hammered lack presence, I'd prefer it in rg/carnelian as it's more eye catching, or opt for VA size instead.

I think the earrings are sweet (,no pun intended) and would match nicely in a subtle way but could also be worn with other things.

I have the same bracelet and typically pair it with the holiday pendant in rg/obsidian or 16 motif rg hammered sweet necklack, sometimes layer with the sweet pendant rg/carnelian. The sweet ear studs would be nice but for the pendant, agreed with @Prada Prince about the sweet rg hammered lack presence, I'd prefer it in rg/carnelian as it's more eye catching, or opt for VA size instead.
Thank you - ahh that’s a great idea with rose gold stone pieces. I tried on the sweet carnelian which was beautiful but doesn’t really go with my wardrobe.
As the sweet necklace in rose gold might get a bit lost, I’ll look into getting the rose gold in vintage size or the sweet rose gold earrings (I know the size works for me, not sure if it will “pop” on the ears? I wish I could try it on in store but they never seem to have rose gold pieces in stock.

Reactions: waterlily112
Thank you - ahh that’s a great idea with rose gold stone pieces. I tried on the sweet carnelian which was beautiful but doesn’t really go with my wardrobe.
As the sweet necklace in rose gold might get a bit lost, I’ll look into getting the rose gold in vintage size or the sweet rose gold earrings (I know the size works for me, not sure if it will “pop” on the ears? I wish I could try it on in store but they never seem to have rose gold pieces in stock.
VCA has very limited selection of RG pieces and the stock availability is always spotty, just try on everything before you decide on what suit you best, it's always the fun part imo. If you ever come across a VA pendant in rg/gmop in the boutique, you should give it a try too, some gmop pieces have a beautiful aurora-like sheen that's hard to come by. :smile:

• Thanks
Reactions: Pchul
I am a huge fan of dainty pieces and debated between sweet or vintage alhambra for my first necklace. I have a necklace with a diamond pendant that is similarly sized to the sweet so thought that it would be an easier transition than going straight to vintage. I ultimately chose vintage because sweet was just right at the time/leaning on too small, and I knew I'd want a bigger necklace within a few months. (FWIW, I also have both the sweet alhambra and classic 5 motif MOP bracelets.)

I also tried on both sweet and vintage earrings. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my sweets. The vintage earrings were not even a contender; they immediately overwhelmed my face when I tried them on, and everybody (my husband, parents, sister, friends) who saw a pic agreed with me.

As you already have sweet onyx earrings and a vintage necklace, this decision may be in your closet already. Do you ever wish your earrings were bigger? And have you ever thought about what a smaller necklace would look like on you?

btw, I mix metals all the time between yellow and rose. My wedding set (which I rarely wear bc I don't like rings) is platinum.

• Love
Reactions: Pchul
VCA has very limited selection of RG pieces and the stock availability is always spotty, just try on everything before you decide on what suit you best, it's always the fun part imo. If you ever come across a VA pendant in rg/gmop in the boutique, you should give it a try too, some gmop pieces have a beautiful aurora-like sheen that's hard to come by. :smile:
I shall hope that next time I visit they have some pieces for me to try on - I am really unsure on how the rose gold will look on me. I’ve seen some that looks very pink, some more coppery and some subtle sheen on pink so it’s quite hard to know how it will look on. I’m a bit scared of MOP as I’m not the most careful person with my jewelry but I imagine a necklace should be fairly safe!