What should I add next?

Thanks I ended up exchanging the Alma PM for the BB so I can wear it out for dinner as well but I think a nice WOC would be cute and a Lou Lou For dressier day wear. I just have heard/read a lot of issues about YSL wearing badly. I don’t want to spend over $2k for a bag that will show wear when my coach and Kate spade show wear after 3 years of being tossed around/ abused even

Highly recommend the Loulou! If you go through the Loulou lovers thread, you’ll note that most have been really pleased with how durable the leather is. I’ve had the toy for daily wear for over a year and the only wear on the corners isn’t noticeable at all...I can only see a tiny spot of wear when I take a picture and zoom in. Even been caught in some rain showers and just wiped the water off!

However the one thing I’ve noticed the Loulous are prone to is warping/creasing on the quilted leather. If at all possible, I’d recommend buying in person so you can inspect the bag first and ensure all the quilts are evenly puffy.

I took these photos from the YSL website to demonstrate:

1FD5386C-5AD9-4B68-85B8-C93527FE53B1.jpeg

CEB14522-2230-4DFF-A286-D4BAE67B7312.jpeg

Highly recommend the Loulou! If you go through the Loulou lovers thread, you’ll note that most have been really pleased with how durable the leather is. I’ve had the toy for daily wear for over a year and the only wear on the corners isn’t noticeable at all...I can only see a tiny spot of wear when I take a picture and zoom in. Even been caught in some rain showers and just wiped the water off!

However the one thing I’ve noticed the Loulous are prone to is warping/creasing on the quilted leather. If at all possible, I’d recommend buying in person so you can inspect the bag first and ensure all the quilts are evenly puffy.

I took these photos from the YSL website to demonstrate:

View attachment 4783763

View attachment 4783764
You are so sweet thank you so much for your help! I will definitely check that thread out as I have been evening a small Loulou (I think I haven’t seen it in person) and that was my only concern. I like to get “good bang for my buck” and know it was money well spent. We are talking about bags afterall but still

Reactions: foxgal
You are so sweet thank you so much for your help! I will definitely check that thread out as I have been evening a small Loulou (I think I haven’t seen it in person) and that was my only concern. I like to get “good bang for my buck” and know it was money well spent. We are talking about bags afterall but still

I am totally the same! Nothing bothers me more than feeling like I got a bad deal. So many premium designer bags are getting ridiculously expensive. For this reason I’ve returned to getting more contemporary designers. But for me, the YSL Loulou and the LV Alma are worth it!

Reactions: Lcutie0390
I am totally the same! Nothing bothers me more than feeling like I got a bad deal. So many premium designer bags are getting ridiculously expensive. For this reason I’ve returned to getting more contemporary designers. But for me, the YSL Loulou and the LV Alma are worth it!
Yes the Alma is one of my all time fave bags! I may try to go to the Nordstrom around here and look at the Lou Lou. I ordered an envelope bag online and I love it but the gold chain seems too gold, if that makes sense. I’ve also been eyeing some of the coach and furla as ways to add some pop of color or fun playful bags where I know I’m getting leather and at least a good 5 years of use. What are the contemporary brands you’re loving?

I love Coach’s glovetanned leather. Just got the Originals turnlock clutch...the leather and construction is top notch, and only $300 Cdn on sale!

Also have an Alexander Wang mini Rockie I love and have had great fortune with Rebecca Minkoff. Last year I scored an RM belt bag in pebbled leather during her Black Friday sale for $35!!! Now that is value!

846C9CCE-B416-4CC2-8223-65277B8CE533.jpeg

Last edited:
I love Coach’s glovetanned leather. Just got the Originals turnlock clutch...the leather and construction is top notch, and only $300 Cdn on sale!

Also have an Alexander Wang mini Rockie I love and have had great fortune with Rebecca Minkoff. Last year I scored an RM belt bag in pebbled leather during her Black Friday sale for $35!!! Now that is value!

View attachment 4784997
That’s super cute Congrats! Thanks for your help!

I’d choose a classic style, as you seem to have many of the LV classics. I have a black Kate evening clutch and I absolutely love it! The Lou Lou is beautiful, and the small or Medium Kate is a nice day or night option. the College is a fabulous bag, but it’s another daily bag option, and you have those in your LV. I love YSL!

I’d choose a classic style, as you seem to have many of the LV classics. I have a black Kate evening clutch and I absolutely love it! The Lou Lou is beautiful, and the small or Medium Kate is a nice day or night option. the College is a fabulous bag, but it’s another daily bag option, and you have those in your LV. I love YSL!
How do you like your Kate? I ordered the medium envelope tri quilt and was deciding between the late and that envelope but I’m Already sort of regretting buying the envelope, although I need something of similar size that I can use day to night, in black and GHW.