What Rare/Sought After Bag Did you Return/Rehome With NO Regrets? But...

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
....would make others say What The Blank....Is she Crazy????!!!!! And why do you have no regrets about it?

Ok mine would be the Ink Croc Maggie. For those who have been members here for awhile will remember this one. In fact, it even had its own Countdown thread LOL

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/ink-blue-exotic-maggie-countdown-503451.html

This bag was super limited and highly anticipated. Sold out quickly. I think I got caught up in all the hype and snapped one up before they ever hit stores. The Maggie style never worked for me as much as I wanted it to. This Maggie was much larger than the Maggies of today and I want to say it was a bit heavy. Besides I never wear jeans or blue to justify the spend. I ended up rehoming this beauty with no regrets.

I am borrowing one of Jelita's photos in from the exotic thread since I do not have one to share

Attachments

• Ink Maggie.jpg
    Ink Maggie.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 895
OMG, you are all going to think I am really crazy! I have returned three bags that are amazing! I just returned the dragonfly (I know!) and the textured raspberry Carrie because they are both just too heavy for me. I love them and it breaks my heart but I can't carry them.

The other bag I returned was one I lusted after and searched all over for. It was just too small for me. When I returned it, the SA kept asking "are you sure?" because it was so gorgeous.

Attachments

• babycinch.jpg
    babycinch.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 817
I remember that sequin bag, didn't it come in purple too....I kick myself for missing out on all the Poppy sequin bags! And it is ridiculous how much money they are getting on ebay for them. I saw a sequin Spotlight for $900!!!

OMG, you are all going to think I am really crazy! I have returned three bags that are amazing! I just returned the dragonfly (I know!) and the textured raspberry Carrie because they are both just too heavy for me. I love them and it breaks my heart but I can't carry them.

The other bag I returned was one I lusted after and searched all over for. It was just too small for me. When I returned it, the SA kept asking "are you sure?" because it was so gorgeous.

Great Thread! For me it would be the Kristin Sage in parchment! Large, beautiful, and just to darn heavy! Found it at the outlet last summer for a great price but it went back the very next day!

I remember that sequin bag, didn't it come in purple too....I kick myself for missing out on all the Poppy sequin bags!

The larger one came in purple. They only made the blue in the mini. It was so cute but not practical. My daughter got the sequin backpack and wore it to death. I was disappointed this year that they didn't have more sequin stuff for Christmas. Everything was super tiny.

It's not really a rare bag but I snagged the exotic/snakeskin metallic lindsey from a FOS for $279 a while back and ended up returning it to the store. The SA's were fawning over that baby & it was sold to another customer before I even left the store! lol.. I just couldn't get past how delicate the leather was & it didn't work for me. Haven't seen it at that low of a price since!

It's not really a rare bag but I snagged the exotic/snakeskin metallic lindsey from a FOS for $279 a while back and ended up returning it to the store. The SA's were fawning over that baby & it was sold to another customer before I even left the store! lol.. I just couldn't get past how delicate the leather was & it didn't work for me. Haven't seen it at that low of a price since!

Do you mean this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Coach-M...669?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item1c2efc055d

I have the Kristin wallet in this finish and had it nwt for months and months, I finally snipped the tags and used it for about 3 months straight, and it has held up beautifully. I haven't used my Lindsey as much as the wallet, but she's doing great too! The finish is much more durable than it looks, no lifting or flaking of the scales at all.

Do you mean this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Coach-M...669?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item1c2efc055d

I have the Kristin wallet in this finish and had it nwt for months and months, I finally snipped the tags and used it for about 3 months straight, and it has held up beautifully. I haven't used my Lindsey as much as the wallet, but she's doing great too! The finish is much more durable than it looks, no lifting or flaking of the scales at all.

Yes that one! Its gorgeous, but when I got it, it just felt so delicate & with a baby and a 4 year old didn't think it would hold up well. Oh well, maybe I'll give it a second try for summer if I can find a good enough deal again :graucho:

melissatrv said:
....would make others say What The Blank....Is she Crazy????!!!!! And why do you have no regrets about it?

Ok mine would be the Ink Croc Maggie. For those who have been members here for awhile will remember this one. In fact, it even had its own Countdown thread LOL

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/ink-blue-exotic-maggie-countdown-503451.html

This bag was super limited and highly anticipated. Sold out quickly. I think I got caught up in all the hype and snapped one up before they ever hit stores. The Maggie style never worked for me as much as I wanted it to. This Maggie was much larger than the Maggies of today and I want to say it was a bit heavy. Besides I never wear jeans or blue to justify the spend. I ended up rehoming this beauty with no regrets.

I am borrowing one of Jelita's photos in from the exotic thread since I do not have one to share

Was the Maggie embossed or real croc?

I returned Persimmon Abigail... very rare bag. Just didnt do it for me.

I re-homed *gasp* large black gathered Sophia. I re-homed it when I was downsizing my collection, and prefer true shoulder bags.

whateve said:

OMG I had no idea it came in aqua!

My hearts glam tote, they're selling them NWT for over $250 on ebay... I used it for a good time when I only had 4-5 coach bags, but after I got into leather I stopped using my poppy canvas stuff. When I listed it on ebay it sold within 1 hour, for way more than what I paid at the outlet.

I once had an ink croc maggie on my shoulder at clearance prices ($235, MSRP = $700) but although I love the look of maggies they have never worked well for me. The straps keep slipping off my shoulder and it is hard to get in and out of the bag. She was beautiful but I put her back.

Another time I fell in love with pictures of the tan ginger. The bag hadn't shown up in my outlet yet so I put one on charge hold at an outlet in a nearby state ($276, MSRP = $800). I took the afternoon off of work and drove up there to collect my ginger but I just had to leave her behind. The bag was too big and heavy for me, the long strap was not adjustible and the bag kept flipping over when I tried to wear it on my shoulder. Sadly, Ginger and I were not a good match!