What paperwork should come with new LV bag?

I bought LV bags in Paris and Germany and they don't have a authenticy card either, just the receipt, dustbag and care booklet.

Concerning rcipes as authentification. A friend of mine bought an Artsy in the Louis Vuitton Store, Hong Kong in the Landmark on Pedder Street.

And her recipe funnily says in the adress line "HOMG KONG".

I doubt her recipe will count as proof of authenticy anymore because of this typing mistake. ^^

I just bought a Tivoli PM for my girlfriend, at a Neiman Marcus store as a gift.

She says that the LV bags should come with a Certificate of Authenticity, an envelope containing Care instructions, as well plastic packing tubing on the handles that you take off. Her bag is has the Made in the USA tag inside...

Her relatives from the UK had bought LV products from the LV store in London and their bags came with the Care instructions and envelope with the certificate and the plastic packing tubing on the handles.

Does LV do different things relative to where the bag is pruchased?

And i also believe that LV's bags never come with plastic around the handles etc.

Usually when I buy my bags, they come with the receipt, the product number tag(sometimes they have a picture of the bag) and The tag that tells you the material of the bag. I also have gotten catalogues, and updates from my SA's on a card....dont know why.

And i also believe that LV's bags never come with plastic around the handles etc.

when i was in the london store couple weeks ago, the delightful pm the SA pull out had plastic on the handle. i assume that's how they get shipped from the LV warehouse since she mentioned she just got it in that day. to answer the OP's question, my purchases also just comes with a care booklet and receipt. im location in the UK.

I've bought several bags from the LV boutique in Munich and they do not give out the product ID card that sometimes has the picture of the purse. I even asked for it because I bought my Monty PM in Singapore and they let me have it and I see them all the time on auctions. The SA said they don't give those out and they attach them to their receipts for merchandise control. I was a bit disappointed but I do have the receipt and the bag so what more do I really need???

I guess the only certificates are the receipt and the little card which one usually finds in one of the pockets of the bag.

@ cynergyfit: I absolutely love your monogramouflage ribbon :love:

It is a hit and miss for me. sometimes i will get the datcode card and material. I checked my recent purchase and it came with nothing except the receipt. i know it is authentic because I bought it from LV store and I have the receipt. So I am good to go!

Before 2008 or so, many LV stores would sell their bags with the plastic still on the handles and covering the hardware. This is how they receive their bags. However, as of the last couple of years, the SAs I've dealt with say that they've been removing the protective plastic before the sale because of two reasons, 1) they've had issues with customers damaging the bag when removing the plastic from the handles, 2) the bags look more presentable/finished when they do not have the plastic on them. Personally, I liked having the plastic on the vachetta handles for protection, but it's not a deal breaker. I've read others say that only fakes have plastic on the handles and I can attest that this is absolutely not true. The difference is clear, the fakes have tightly wrapped plastic around the handles and the authentics will have loosely wrapped handles. Plus, the fakes will typically have tissue paper around the hardware and LV doesn't use tissue paper for any exterior packing/protection. Like I said, you will be hard pressed to find any LV stores selling bags with plastic still on them today, but this was a common phenomenon many years ago.

Her relatives from the UK had bought LV products from the LV store in London and their bags came with the Care instructions and envelope with the certificate and the plastic packing tubing on the handles.

Last October (2010), I bought a damier ebene bag and a vernis cles at the LV boutique in Harrods and a mono bag at LV in Selfridges. Except for the vernis booklet that came with my vernis cles, neither of the bags included "Care instructions and envelope with the certificate and the plastic packing tubing on the handles." Definitely makes me question authenticity...

As a main rule, the only items that comes with a care booklet is Vernis, Mahina, Denim, Nomade, Empreinte, Utah, MC and some of the showpieces (exotic leathers and so on) None of the canvas bags come with care booklets, except maybe some limited lines with print on, like the groom collection.

The little tag with the code and a picture of the bag is supposed to be removed before selling, even though some SA`s give it to clients if the client wants them. But as mentioned above, some stores staple that tag onto the store copy of the receipt for cashing-up reasons.

Same with the plastic on the handles, its supposed to be removed before selling (or showing) it to a client, but if the store is busy, or the SA cannot be bothered, they may be shown and sold with plastic on. I think it depends on the internal rules in each store, or how strict the managers are.

These policies are the same worldwide, but its obviously easier for stores far away from Headoffice in France to let them slip...

Certificates are not made by Louis Vuitton, and ppl claiming they bought a bag with a certificate have bought a fake bag.