What Other Jewelry Brands Do You Buy/Wear?

Thank you for your response.

What always confused me about watches is the pricing. For example, on the Rolex website, the Tiffany blue watch is listed as $5800, which is the suggested retail price. Does that mean a local AD will charge me $5800 or more (ie., whatever price they want because they are so difficult?). Is there a Rolex boutique like Cartier boutique sells watches or are all Rolexes sold by AD’s?

I am sorry for all these questions and I will zip it soon! I don’t have anybody I can ask. I guess I was wondering because I would like to get my husband a nice watch, (a Submariner seems on the “affordable” range at under 10k). He always buys me nice VCA and never anything for himself. I’d like to do something nice for him…
No worries. I am a total watch newbie myself. I just got into watches last year after turning up my nose at even wearing one so I don’t want to ever say ‘never will I…’:biggrin:

Regarding pricing, I paid the same price as the one provided on the website. I was told some resellers are selling the rolex watches with a lot of markup but not aware of that personally so cannot comment.

I believe (and someone please correct me if I have this wrong) all Rolex watches are sold through ADs. Even if it’s a standalone Rolex AD.

That’s such a nice gesture for your husband and I am sure he will appreciate it. Hope you are able to get one for him soon.

this has got me thinking…. I want a Rolex too! I know nothing about it, but have always wanted a date just (stainless steel/gold) and a Submariner for my husband. But now, I wish I could get the oyster perpetual in turquoise blue (but I have heard they are nearly impossible). Are they very difficult to purchase like H bags or can I just put myself on a waiting list and wait?
I think for your first watch, don't get the Tiffany blue. I think high odds you will get sick of it, as I see it more as a fun watch versus an everyday watch. The hype will die, you may have regret you purchased a "fun watch", so I personally would not make this your first Rolex.

A two-tone Rolex DJ is a classic first watch (it was my first Rolex). There are tons of bezel, bracelet, and dial combinations in addition to the size, so think what you want. The combinations are endless.

I 100% agree with you on the Submariner for your husband. It is often a man's first Rolex. I bought a Submariner for my husband as his first Rolex. My husband is a simple kind of guy... Levi's jeans for him, nothing designer! He never wanted a Rolex and loved his digital Casio with alarm clock! :shocked: :heart:
He wore his Submariner and fell in love. Then, a few years later, I bought him a two-tone Daytona, and he really loves it. Now, it's Rolex all the way for him. I think your husband will love a Rolex.

I've said this before, but I think anyone (man or woman) can dress like a slob, but with a simple Rolex, it makes a statement and creates that look.

I think you both will love Rolexes.
Also, for what it's worth... I know many ladies here love to rotate different watches.
Not me.. my watch is like my e-ring. It's my constant, same watch, every day. Think about how you wear watches.
If you want one watch to wear daily, I vote go for the big sporty-chic look. Sometimes the small feminine-watch look can be a bit frumpy with casual wear. Everyone wears big watches these days, Rolex, Casio, or Apple.

That's just my opinion for what it's worth. Hope this helps, and good luck on watch shopping!

No worries. I am a total watch newbie myself. I just got into watches last year after turning up my nose at even wearing one so I don’t want to ever say ‘never will I…’:biggrin:

Regarding pricing, I paid the same price as the one provided on the website. I was told some resellers are selling the rolex watches with a lot of markup but not aware of that personally so cannot comment.

I believe (and someone please correct me if I have this wrong) all Rolex watches are sold through ADs. Even if it’s a standalone Rolex AD.

That’s such a nice gesture for your husband and I am sure he will appreciate it. Hope you are able to get one for him soon.
This is so, so helpful. Thank you so much. I love, love your (first?) Rolex. I think that is the date just (?) and that would be THE Rolex I’d want for me first. One day… but husband’s watch first and then mine :lol:

I will have to find a reputable Rolex AD first! Thanks again!

Reactions: eternallove4bag
I think for your first watch, don't get the Tiffany blue. I think high odds you will get sick of it, as I see it more as a fun watch versus an everyday watch. The hype will die, you may have regret you purchased a "fun watch", so I personally would not make this your first Rolex.

A two-tone Rolex DJ is a classic first watch (it was my first Rolex). There are tons of bezel, bracelet, and dial combinations in addition to the size, so think what you want. The combinations are endless.

I 100% agree with you on the Submariner for your husband. It is often a man's first Rolex. I bought a Submariner for my husband as his first Rolex. My husband is a simple kind of guy... Levi's jeans for him, nothing designer! He never wanted a Rolex and loved his digital Casio with alarm clock! :shocked: :heart:
He wore his Submariner and fell in love. Then, a few years later, I bought him a two-tone Daytona, and he really loves it. Now, it's Rolex all the way for him. I think your husband will love a Rolex.

I've said this before, but I think anyone (man or woman) can dress like a slob, but with a simple Rolex, it makes a statement and creates that look.

I think you both will love Rolexes.
Also, for what it's worth... I know many ladies here love to rotate different watches.
Not me.. my watch is like my e-ring. It's my constant, same watch, every day. Think about how you wear watches.
If you want one watch to wear daily, I vote go for the big sporty-chic look. Sometimes the small feminine-watch look can be a bit frumpy with casual wear. Everyone wears big watches these days, Rolex, Casio, or Apple.

That's just my opinion for what it's worth. Hope this helps, and good luck on watch shopping!
You are right, I probably wouldn’t get the Tiffany Blue. That is a want and not at all a priority (although it is so so beautiful! Ah!). I already have a stainless steel watch (Cartier Ballon Bleu) that is super banged up, but I absolutely love. For me, I think I’d want a stainless steel/gold toned watch from Rolex. One day.

But husband’s watch first! Off the rabbit hole of Rolex I go!

Reactions: BigAkoya
This is so, so helpful. Thank you so much. I love, love your (first?) Rolex. I think that is the date just (?) and that would be THE Rolex I’d want for me first. One day… but husband’s watch first and then mine :lol:

I will have to find a reputable Rolex AD first! Thanks again!
Yes, my first rolex was the datejust and I absolutely love it. I look at it more as a piece of jewelry than just a watch honestly. Highly recommend it as your first watch.

I agree with @BigAkoya I would not go for T blue dial as your first watch. It can be limiting. A neutral watch first that you can wear with everything and then, you can go for fun colors later if you want.
Fingers crossed for you!

You are right, I probably wouldn’t get the Tiffany Blue. That is a want and not at all a priority (although it is so so beautiful! Ah!). I already have a stainless steel watch (Cartier Ballon Bleu) that is super banged up, but I absolutely love. For me, I think I’d want a stainless steel/gold toned watch from Rolex. One day.

But husband’s watch first! Off the rabbit hole of Rolex I go!
That is really thoughtful of you to get your husband a Submariner. At least this watch is easy, not a lot of choices if you go for the classic stainess with black dial. You just order one and wait! He will love you, but more so, he will love the thought and remember it everytime he looks at it.

As you buy your husband's watch, take the time you are there to work your AD and have him show you options for you. Try some two-tones on with different bracelets, bezels, etc.

Have fun!

Thank you @EpiFanatic :hugs:I LOVE the 36 size! Once I tried the display piece, rest was history! Funny how our daughters get influenced by us. Both of mine looked at the different color options and one wanted pink and the other tiffany blue. I had to not-so-gently remind them that we are not buying candy:biggrin: but I do plan to get those for them for momentous occasions! Strangely, hubby was quick to agree getting our daughters the watches! Fathers and daughters!:heart:

I have the seen the RG Yatchmaster and it’s gorgeous! I can visualize you absolutely rocking it!

As for me, I am digging the black and blue faces. I wear a lot of blacks and blues so either would go well with my outfits. Not yet sure of which model I would like it in.
Yes!!! I am the worst. A black 36 datejust with batons looked fabulous on my daughter and I almost bought it for her. But then I reminded myself that she is a high school senior and I’m not giving her a Rolex until she graduates from college. Her father got her into vintage watches and I am getting her into Rolex.
Here are my blue 31s just to see the color. Later I’ll post one of daughter’s faves. It’s a weird combo.

01F7075E-6C88-45C6-9D70-CDCA37482589.jpeg

23BE4D41-56E0-426E-88B4-75EC4F54BC0F.jpeg

Yes!!! I am the worst. A black 36 datejust with batons looked fabulous on my daughter and I almost bought it for her. But then I reminded myself that she is a high school senior and I’m not giving her a Rolex until she graduates from college. Her father got her into vintage watches and I am getting her into Rolex.
Here are my blue 31s just to see the color. Later I’ll post one of daughter’s faves. It’s a weird combo.

View attachment 5628846

View attachment 5628847

I especially love the blue of the top one!

• Love
Reactions: EpiFanatic

View attachment 5628846

View attachment 5628847
You are killing me girl with your fabulous rolex collection @EpiFanatic And honestly, I love the simplicity and elegance of these watches worn solo. I am so in love with that navy-ish blue in your second pic!

I hear you! Neither of my girls are getting their rolex watches (if we get them) till they graduate from college either. They can ‘borrow’ from time to time but I am not putting a target on their backs letting them wear luxury watches 24/7 at this age! Their mama got hers in her 40’s. They can wait till their 20’s at the very least :biggrin:

You are killing me girl with your fabulous rolex collection @EpiFanatic And honestly, I love the simplicity and elegance of these watches worn solo. I am so in love with that navy-ish blue in your second pic!

I hear you! Neither of my girls are getting their rolex watches (if we get them) till they graduate from college either. They can ‘borrow’ from time to time but I am not putting a target on their backs letting them wear luxury watches 24/7 at this age! Their mama got hers in her 40’s. They can wait till their 20’s at the very least :biggrin:
Yes. You are so right about simplicity and elegance of Rolexes. I absolutely love that they are meant to be and are durable tool watches. I use mine like it. I check the date on it and I look at mine in the middle of the night when I wake up and wonder for the fifth time, what time is it? in the grand scheme of watches they’re not expensive compared the AP, Patek, or even the a. Lange, JLC (tho that is in my #whenimdonewithRolex list). I love that Rolex has kept the price relatively low (ahem Chanel) during this period of high demand Although that results in a flourishing secondary market. And I love that the most popular models are the basic models. (Omg eeeek!! Basic?!?!). Yes. Me and my basic self will sit here and enjoy my basic datejust.
Thank you. The blue is surprisingly beautiful. I’m on the hunt for a blue 41 DJ for my son. I’ve got a couple years until he graduates from college so wish me luck. If you see any candy colors for your daughters you should jump on them. But this coming from a shameless Rolex hoarder. I love that your daughters are appreciating them too. :smile:

@EpiFanatic Tried the 36 MM and absolutely love how boss-like it looks. With it, I don’t even wear any bracelets. Just a pair of blingy earrings and a ring.
View attachment 5628625
Love the combination, also the size of the watch is perfect!
All the 3 big brand could use this photo for their website and magzine to boot their images!!
Edit to add: big big congratulation on your new OP! Enjoy all the way!