What Other Jewelry Brands Do You Buy/Wear?

Thank you @etoupebirkin re the suggestion of the Verdura lace necklace! It is wonderful !

From 1st dibs:

Art Deco Diamond Onyx Swan Bracelet
View attachment 5412884

E.M Gattle & Co. Emerald, Diamond and Onyx Bracelet

View attachment 5412885

Contemporary Diamond Platinum Floral Bracelet
View attachment 5412886

for @880 Ella Gafter Dragon Diamond Cuff Bracelet
View attachment 5412888

For @880 Seaman Schepps Diamond Ebony Wood Link Gold Bracelet
View attachment 5412889

Van Cleef & Arpels Diamond Gold Butterfly Hinged Bangle Cuff Bracelet
View attachment 5412890
@880 - David Webb Coral, Diamond Cuff Bracelet (I have a thing for coral and onyx.)
View attachment 5412893

Blue Poppies Art Deco Style Bracelet by Ilgiz F
View attachment 5412894

I could do this all night. Must stop.
These are all so stunning! Thank you!

Reactions: EpiFanatic
These are beautiful. I like the emerald bracelet, although the emeralds are not super high quality, but I like the design. I also like the floral bracelet you posted.

Okay... I am going to set up an account with 1st Dibs and browse. Have you bought from them before, and do you trust them?
Different vendors sell on this site. I think you end up buying from the individual vendors. You can make offers. So in the end you end up dealing directly with the seller. I have not purchased through 1st Dibs. A friend of mine did and she offered a lower price and was accepted. She was happy with her purchase.

Lang is an antique jewelry vendor. They sell all their pieces and they have a huge inventory. I’ll peruse their site more. Lang is an institution in SF. I know 3 people who purchase from them regularly. You can sort by period and jewelry. I'm looking at Art Deco bracelets right now.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and BigAkoya
All from Lang. There are so many. You need to see them for yourself. I do trust Lang. Can I afford them? Not really. But I do trust them. To me, either antique diamonds are priced on the high side, and they don't see loose stones, only full pieces of jewelry. But as for selection of antique pieces, they have the most extensive inventory. https://www.langantiques.com/

ART DECO PLATINUM DIAMOND CALIBRE EMERALD BRACELET
40-1-10705
$17,500.00

1653621403604.png

ART DECO DIAMOND AND ONYX BRACELET
40-1-11146
$12,750.00

1653621545356.png

ART DECO DIAMOND BRACELET WITH 2.29 CARAT SQUARE-CUT DIAMOND CENTER - GIA J VS1
40-8-10921
$88,000.00

1653621666375.png

WIDE ART DECO PLATINUM DIAMOND BRACELET
40-8-10790
$35,000.00

1653621735936.png

Different vendors sell on this site. I think you end up buying from the individual vendors. You can make offers. So in the end you end up dealing directly with the seller. I have not purchased through 1st Dibs. A friend of mine did and she offered a lower price and was accepted. She was happy with her purchase.

Lang is an antique jewelry vendor. They sell all their pieces and they have a huge inventory. I’ll peruse their site more. Lang is an institution in SF. I know 3 people who purchase from them regularly. You can sort by period and jewelry. I'm looking at Art Deco bracelets right now.

Thank you. I see how this works. It's like a storefront.
I also searched on Paraiba Tourmalines. Mark Henry carries Paraibas (true Brazilian Paraibas), and I just happened to see him on 1st Dibs.
Here is a ring on his website: Paraiba Tourmaline Cocktail Ring | Belle Bleu Ring | Mark Henry – Mark Henry Jewelry

This is the same ring on 1st Dibs. It's the same price too: Mark Henry 3.77 Carat Paraiba Tourmaline and Diamond Ring, 18 Karat For Sale at 1stDibs | most expensive paraiba tourmaline

I'll look at Lang too. Thank you so much for this!

• Wow
Reactions: 880 and EpiFanatic
All from Lang. There are so many. You need to see them for yourself.

ART DECO PLATINUM DIAMOND CALIBRE EMERALD BRACELET
40-1-10705
$17,500.00

View attachment 5412913

ART DECO DIAMOND AND ONYX BRACELET
40-1-11146
$12,750.00

View attachment 5412915

ART DECO DIAMOND BRACELET WITH 2.29 CARAT SQUARE-CUT DIAMOND CENTER - GIA J VS1
40-8-10921
$88,000.00

View attachment 5412916

WIDE ART DECO PLATINUM DIAMOND BRACELET
40-8-10790
$35,000.00

View attachment 5412917
Thank you! I want an Egyptian Art Deco one (e.g. flowers & birds) with emeralds, rubies, and sapphires. Calibrated stones in designs, like the Oscar Heyman bracelet! Just on a smaller scale. I am going to search Lang.. thanks again.

Reactions: 880 and nicole0612
I also searched on Paraiba Tourmalines. Mark Henry carries Paraibas (true Brazilian Paraibas), and I just happened to see him on 1st Dibs.
Here is a ring on his website: Paraiba Tourmaline Cocktail Ring | Belle Bleu Ring | Mark Henry – Mark Henry Jewelry

This is the same ring on 1st Dibs. It's the same price too: Mark Henry 3.77 Carat Paraiba Tourmaline and Diamond Ring, 18 Karat For Sale at 1stDibs | most expensive paraiba tourmaline

Sure, it's a great way to spend a day. I've been searching for the perfect intaglio ring, rock crystal, and coral pieces forever. When I'm done with VCA someday...

These are beautiful. I like the emerald bracelet, although the emeralds are not super high quality, but I like the design. I also like the floral bracelet you posted.

Okay... I am going to set up an account with 1st Dibs and browse. Have you bought from them before, and do you trust them?
1stDibs vets their dealers. Not everyone can join and not everyone wants to b/c they take a hefty commission. From a buyer's standpoint however, they're great. They have strong customer support and buyer protection so if something goes wrong, there is a remedy, though it may take a bit of time. Since they went public I find customer support has suffered.
Their sellers prices are high, e.g., that commission structure again, but they have an incredible array of merchandise, which you'd be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. If nothing else, it's fun to look.

Lang . . . I would be hesitant about. PM me for more info.

1stDibs policy is that a dealer can't post a sales price elsewhere that's different from what they post on 1stDibs, otherwise they can be forced to match the price. That's why this ring is priced the same on Mark Henry's site as it is on 1stDibs--they want to discourage the dealer from steering business away from the site by selling the same items elsewhere for less.

However, if you were to deal with the dealer directly, you might be able to negotiate an appreciably better price since it's not a 1stDibs transaction.

Yes! I have been following this piece, and you are right about this vs. Cartier. Cartier does not compare to this.

I actually did not think it would sell for such a high price as Oscar Heyman is not truly considered a major player (they are trying, and I give them credit, but it’s not quite working yet).

Isn’t this so beautiful? I have been dreaming of a piece like this and would wear it with one of my colored gemstone rings and earrings to make a set.

Now you are going to make me start googling for used pieces. Maybe I will start small, something known, fun, and cheap… in case I mess up. :biggrin::heart:
I'm sure you will not mess up. But if you start small, you'll probably want to trade up at some point. So have fun and please share your findings! It's so much fun to see new stuff . . .

actually did not think it would sell for such a high price as Oscar Heyman is not truly considered a major player (they are trying, and I give them credit, but it’s not quite working yet).

Heyman used to do mystery settings for other jewelers like VCA. I think even the smaller pieces are currently sought after.

Sure, it's a great way to spend a day. I've been searching for the perfect intaglio ring, rock crystal, and coral pieces forever. When I'm done with VCA someday...

please share what types of intaglio, rock crystal, or coral :smile:

1stDibs vets their dealers. Not everyone can join and not everyone wants to b/c they take a hefty commission. From a buyer's standpoint however, they're great. They have strong customer support and buyer protection so if something goes wrong, there is a remedy, though it may take a bit of time. Since they went public I find customer support has suffered.
Their sellers prices are high, e.g., that commission structure again, but they have an incredible array of merchandise, which you'd be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. If nothing else, it's fun to look

thank you so much for this info!

OMG, how gorgeous! Thank you so much! :hugs::hugs::hugs:I haven’t gone on first dibs or Lang’s, but I will now. Some kind TPFers have pointed me to some on line resources too! i am sure many of these beauties are above my price range ans lifestyle, but cannot wait to click on the links! Hugs

I decided to pick up the David yurman double ring while waiting to see if Bulgari can come up with a serpenti tubogas necklace. The DY is cute for everyday (plus I’m going jewelry shopping tomorrow with two TPF gals so will get professional styling tips from my Bulgari SA and others lol ) and less expensive than some pieces from chanel or dior RTW. David yurman double ring; Verdura Belperron corne earrings and maltese cross cuff; VCA six motif gmop; Bulgari tubogas serpenti PG bracelet. With Foundrae mixed oversized chain and charm necklace. And, the David yurman sculpture in the NY flagship. I am not planning on wearing this much metal outside the house IRL; DH thinks the double ring is best alone on one hand with the Maltese cross cuff alone on the other (second to last pic) :smile: He is voting for the Bulgari serpenti tubogas necklace, and perhaps a different Maltese cross cuff (A future date).

thank you all for weighing in! Hugs

View attachment 5412680View attachment 5412675View attachment 5412677View attachment 5412679 View attachment 5412681 View attachment 5412704View attachment 5412705
You look so cool and chic! Stunning in every way! Love your style

Reactions: TankerToad
OMG, how gorgeous! Thank you so much! :hugs::hugs::hugs:I haven’t gone on first dibs or Lang’s, but I will now. Some kind TPFers have pointed me to some on line resources too! i am sure many of these beauties are above my price range ans lifestyle, but cannot wait to click on the links! Hugs

I decided to pick up the David yurman double ring while waiting to see if Bulgari can come up with a serpenti tubogas necklace. The DY is cute for everyday (plus I’m going jewelry shopping tomorrow with two TPF gals so will get professional styling tips from my Bulgari SA and others lol ) and less expensive than some pieces from chanel or dior RTW. David yurman double ring; Verdura Belperron corne earrings and maltese cross cuff; VCA six motif gmop; Bulgari tubogas serpenti PG bracelet. With Foundrae mixed oversized chain and charm necklace. And, the David yurman sculpture in the NY flagship. I am not planning on wearing this much metal outside the house IRL; DH thinks the double ring is best alone on one hand with the Maltese cross cuff alone on the other (second to last pic) :smile: He is voting for the Bulgari serpenti tubogas necklace, and perhaps a different Maltese cross cuff (A future date).

thank you all for weighing in! Hugs

View attachment 5412680View attachment 5412675View attachment 5412677View attachment 5412679 View attachment 5412681 View attachment 5412704View attachment 5412705

I love your style so much! Hey can I be totally ignorant here? Can you tell me about the cuff? I don't know what it is but have always wondered.. but too shy to ask.

:blush:

I love your style so much! Hey can I be totally ignorant here? Can you tell me about the cuff? I don't know what it is but have always wondered.. but too shy to ask.

:blush:
Thank you so much. I am passionate about the designs of Verdura Belperron. Before WWII, coco chanel was friendly with a sicilian duke Fulco di Verdura. They would travel together and were inspired by Byzantine art (obviously very different from Art Deco). He designed jewelry and created two white asymetrical cuffs that CC wore every day: thus the Maltese cross cuff and bracelet were born. The Maltese cross cuff literally launched the house of Verdura. The CC ones I believe were white enamel over base metal and decorated with semiprecious gems. (I have seen the original ones at Verdura). There are many versions of the Maltese cross cuff with gold, black enamel, hard wood, and other materials. Verdura also came out with black jade and other versions (Sofia Coppola has a black pair). My DH and SA strongly warned me not to even consider the black jade versions bc as my SA put it: you have to be very careful and put them on and take them off over a bed. if for example, you take them off in the bathroom or they drop on the floor, it’s broken. Mine are gold, black enamel, blue topaz. Periodot, amethyst, and diamond. I had dreamt of the Maltese cross cuff since high school :smile:

Many many years later, the President of Verdura Ward Landrigan fell in love with the designs of SuzAnne Belperron. Verdura bought all of the rights to create licensed reproductions of her work. This is important bc Suzanne Belperron never signed her work, famously saying “my style is my signature.” Belperron was one of the founders of Art Deco; had incredibly modern takes on jewelry; and single handed saved the company she worked for (owned by her lover Herz who was sent to a concentration camp); and business partnered with his son after the war. Tiffany had asked her to leave France to be the in house jeweler. She refused bc she felt she could not leave her company, and so Tiffany appointed Schlumberger. i have corne earrings by Belperron which are an design created during the time of Art Deco that give the look of a spiral multi piercing.

Incidentally, she was most famous for employing skilled lapidaries who would set semi precious stones in chalcedony, rock crystal, and other materials And precisely fit the Jewelry to the individual client. As the story goes, all the society ladies bought Belperron and would wear them to the opera. The chalcedony would break and chip whenever they clapped. So, the workers were kept very busy. Wallis Simpson commissioned many pieces, the most famous of which were later allowed to be mass reproduced in plastic by Kenneth Jay Lane (entitled the KJL Duchess of Windsor collection) . One of the most famous collectors of Suzanne Belperron was Karl Lagerfeld, and Matisse famously depicted Dorothy Paley in Belperron emerald and gold cuffs (Very different than Verdura ones).

Last edited:
Thank you so much. I am passionate about the designs of Verdura Belperron. Before WWII, coco chanel was friendly with a sicilian duke Fulco di Verdura. They would travel together and were inspired by Byzantine art (obviously very different from Art Deco). He designed jewelry and created two white asymetrical cuffs that CC wore every day: thus the Maltese cross cuff and bracelet were born. The CC ones I believe were white enamel over base metal and decorated with semiprecious gems. (I have seen the original ones at Verdura). There are many versions of the Maltese cross cuff with gold, black enamel, hard wood, and other materials. Verdura also came out with black jade and other versions (Sofia Coppola has a black pair). My DH and SA strongly warned me not to even consider the black jade versions bc as my SA put it: you have to be very careful and put them on and take them off over a bed. if for example, you take them off in the bathroom or they drop on the floor, it’s broken. Mine are gold, black enamel, blue topaz. Periodot, amethyst, and diamond. My DH arranged all the details for our thirtieth wedding anniversary bc he knew I had dreamt of them since high school :smile:

Many many years later, the President of Verdura Ward Landrigan fell in love with the designs of SuzAnne Belperron. Verdura bought all of the rights to create licensed reproductions of her work. This is important bc Suzanne Belperron never signed her work, famously saying “my style is my signature.” Belperron was one of the founders of Art Deco; had incredibly modern takes on jewelry; and single handed saved the company she worked for (owned by her lover Herz who was sent to a concentration camp); and business partnered with his son after the war. Tiffany had asked her to leave France to be the in house jeweler. She refused bc she felt she could not leave her company, and so Tiffany appointed Schlumberger. i have corne earrings by Belperron which are an design created during the time of Art Deco that give the look of a spiral multi piercing. Incidentally, she was most famous for employing skilled lapidaries who would set semi precious stones in chalcedony, rock crystal, and other materials And precisely fit the Jewelry to the individual client. As the story goes, all the society ladies bought Belperron and would wear them to the opera. The chalcedony would break and chip whenever they clapped. So, the workers were kept very busy. Wallis Simpson commissioned many pieces, the most famous of which were later allowed to be mass reproduced in plastic by Kenneth Jay Lane (entitled the KJL Duchess of Windsor collection) . One of the most famous collectors of Suzanne Belperron was Karl Lagerfeld, and Matisse famously depicted a society woman in Belperron cuffs (Very different than Verdura ones).
@880 - Could you please explain your thinking of why you chose this particular style of cuff over the others featured on the Verdura site? Were you able to pick the specific stones featured in the one you ultimately purchased? In most images found on a google search, I don't think I have come across many people sporting your style; its usually the ones with the enamel as the main material.

How about this? I think it will go with both the Verdura and Bulgari bracelets without being too matchy matchy.

View attachment 5412750
Thank you so much @etoupebirkin for the recommendation. I love the necklace you posted! Two TPF friends and I made it to bulgari, but not yet to Verdura or Seaman Schepps. @EpiFanatic, I love H Stern items that I have seen in print ads, but until today had never gone in. The designs are modern and beautiful and the tourmalines and Rubilites are gorgeous ! Thank you for the recommendation :smile:

@wantitneedit, I would advise anyone considering a Verdura cuff or bracelet to try on every variation available (there are a great many). Some look better than others, and the bracelet style suited my build and girth far better than the cuffs :smile: DH didn’t pick specific stones :smile:

Last edited: