Food What off the beaten path food item do you always have on hand?

Always in my house:

Nutella -- agree with previous poster. It would make dirt taste good. I love to eat on a piece of whole grain or multi grain toast
Marsala Wine - Love chicken marsala
Dijon Mustard - easy to whip up a great vinaigrette
Mushrooms - So versatile.
Edamame - always have a ton of it in my freezer
Kosher Salt
Red curry paste I'm learning how to do good curries and love this stuff
Fish Sauce
Basil (fresh)
Siracha hot chili paste - I use this on ALL types of food. Love it.
Roasted Red Pepper Soup (pacific brand)
Frozen Jumbo Shrimp easy meal
Bouillion cubes

These are staples in my fridge as well.And KIMCHEE, jjangmeun(noodles in black bean sauce) heat and serve meal! I'm not Korean but I have loved eating korean food since watching kdramas! Those scenes where they eat bulgogi or any other grilled meat and wrap it in lettuce with all the yummy trimmings? I also tried making bibimbap:sweatdrop: I kept telling DH that I might have been Korean in my previous life.:smile:

Also, ginger never seems to run out in our household.

LOL I love those noodles..we eat it a lot. In Korea, it's like pizza. They deliver to you!! :smile: When I go to Korea to visit grandparents and other relatives I eat SO much..everything is delicious. :P

Boiled pinto beans, which I then freeze for further use. It's common to have beans as a side here in MX. After they're boiled till fully cooked, you can eat them whole as a soup, or mash them with a bit of oil/lard. And I always keep both wheat and corn tortillas!