What laptops, computer do you have?

Mar 13, 2006
Hey everyone!

Do you have a laptop, or a desktop? What brand is it? What do you like about it? What do you not like about it? if you have pictures, please, post!

I wanted a laptop ever since my bf lent me his while my desktop was beng fixed. Well, I just fell in love and been looking for a good one ever since. We went shopping yesterday and I ended up buying a laptop (finally!).

I bought HP Special Edition Pavilion dv 1000. It is gorgeous...LOL. The cover is metallic burgundy (I'll take a pic of it and post it later today). So far, I love everything about it except the fact that the cover is going to be VERY difficult to maintain. It gets scratched VERY easily (it had small scratches on it the first time we opened it) and the fingerprints are all over it already. It did come with a buffing cloth though, which I'll be using A LOT!!! I was thinking of transporting it in a soft dust bag ("borrowed" from one of my every day bags) within a regular laptop bag, so it doesn't get scratched in a latter one. Am I going overboard with this laptop...LOL? This reminds me of having a lambskin bag. You love it to death but it is very high maintenance.

Anyway, just wanted to see what machine you use when you're at home.

Thanks!

i have a Compaq Presario 2821AP notebook. it's nearly 3.5 years old, and every time it starts to get really slow i think it's time to buy a new one, but then i'll reformat it and it'll be fast again and i can't bear to let it go. i guess we all get attached to our computers too :P.

i do plan to get a Toshiba after i graduate though :love:

I have a Compaq notebook & the bf has a Mac Powerbook G4 (which I'm currently writing from). I love mine, but I love the Mac because it never gets any spyware or viruses. That's a huge bonus.

I have a 12" apple ibook g4 (laptop) and my boyfriend has a 15" or 17" dell laptop. My ibook computer has FOREVER converted me into a mac lover!
ibook%20g4-793925.jpg

PB_167_0.jpg

apple-ibook-g4-03.jpg

I have an HP/Compaq nx6125 with an AMD Turion chip & I love everything about it except for the weight.

It has a 15" screen and a long life battery, which make it sort of heavy for a long trek through an airport or on the train.

anger.jpg

From the left -

HP Pavilion zv5000
Toshiba Satillite P-30 rv2
IBM Thinkpad A31
IBM Thinkpad T42
IBM Thinkpad X20

(missing from the photo are my Fujitsu P2120 and an IBM Thinkpad X21)

I have two laptops: A Gateway and a Dell. I LOVE Gateway, hate the Dell. I have used a variety of brands (Compaq, Dell, Gateway, HP, Toshiba), and the best one for me is definitely Gateway (because of their response to problems, how quickly they resolve it, my comp has been working and not died unlike other brands that I used, and so on).

My sister has gone through the same thing with brands. Right now she uses a macbook and she loves it.

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 Desktop I believe. I really like it b/c it's small but I wish it had a cd/dvd burner to it. After I get my first LV, I will start saving for a new computer with cd/dvd burner & yes, it will be another Dell. I haven't had any problems w/ this one yet. As for the one before it, it was a HP & I had nothing but problems w/ that. HP I heard were great maybe mine was defective.

Currently i have a clone pc that I built and have upgraded over the years, with a 19LCD Samsung monitor. No brand name desktop here.
My kids have a clone pc as well that was upgraded for the them at christmas.
Last week b/f just made a few purchases for the office and I lucked out and he bought me a new Acer laptop. Guess that means he's going to put me to work :wtf:So now my pc will go to the kids and they will each have their own:smile:

This is the laptop I got, I should have it sometime next week I hope.
Its the Acer Ferrari