What kind of leather is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone! It's def leather, not canvas. And it's not a tote -- I guess my picture is not helpful. I'm going to try the other ID This BV thread too, for this and a couple other bags.
thanks again :smile:

P.S. I really just wanted to know that it's not reptilian. I have a terrible phobia :cool: and won't use it if it is. So dumb, but that's how phobias work, i guess

Thanks everyone! It's def leather, not canvas. And it's not a tote -- I guess my picture is not helpful. I'm going to try the other ID This BV thread too, for this and a couple other bags.
Are you familiar with the coated canvas (or cotton) from Louis Vuitton? If you have a store in your area, stop by to see it. BV has the same sort of application (no longer being used, I don't believe) - this is definitely from what was called the "Marco Polo" line, years ago,, and it is indeed coated canvas (or cotton).

I suggest you Google 'bottega veneta marco polo' and see what you find - :smile: :flowers:

The ID thread is here, but you've had experts respond to you here, so ...

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/please-id-this-bv-style-color-age-post-here.115185/

thanks so much ! I will go look at the LV fabric in person. (i did google bottega veneta marco polo and it looks nothing like my bag)

I was asking about an ID thread for some other bags i have -- don't want to bother people with authenticating them in the authentication threads, just want to know what style they are.

thanks again for your time!

thanks so much ! I will go look at the LV fabric in person. (i did google bottega veneta marco polo and it looks nothing like my bag)

I was asking about an ID thread for some other bags i have -- don't want to bother people with authenticating them in the authentication threads, just want to know what style they are.

thanks again for your time!
Hmmm... well, I did find several images of the type that is what you've asked about, that 'embossed' look like in the photo you've posted.

No problem at all to ID a BV bag here - that's why that thread exists!

Good luck with your hunt! :heart:

Authenticator s here are
Indiaink
Von1B2
Septembersiren

We are telling you it is Marco Polo
It is not leather but probably has leather trim
Just curious in a zippered pocket does it have a tag sewn in?

Status
Not open for further replies.