What is your Skincare Routine?

It depends I think what your skin type is and what concerns you have. The best thing you can do to protect your face from wrinkles and age spots is to wear SPF.

I was so tired of wasting money on products with claims that never added up, so this year I educated myself on ingredients and trying to learn how they help or hurt your skin. It's amazing how many products are out there that do nothing or worse yet are harmful with irritating ingredients.

I found you don't need to spend alot, and these basics will go a long ways to improving your skin-

A gentle cleanser-no harsh scrubs
A toner-with no alcohol
A leave on exfoliant appropriate for your skin type
Serums with antioxidants inc a Vit C with ascorbic acid
Retinol products
Moisturizer that works with your skin type
Any other targeted treatments you may need

Reactions: Jeffrey Cooke
It depends I think what your skin type is and what concerns you have. The best thing you can do to protect your face from wrinkles and age spots is to wear SPF.

I was so tired of wasting money on products with claims that never added up, so this year I educated myself on ingredients and trying to learn how they help or hurt your skin. It's amazing how many products are out there that do nothing or worse yet are harmful with irritating ingredients.

I found you don't need to spend alot, and these basics will go a long ways to improving your skin-

A gentle cleanser-no harsh scrubs
A toner-with no alcohol
A leave on exfoliant appropriate for your skin type
Serums with antioxidants inc a Vit C with ascorbic acid
Retinol products
Moisturizer that works with your skin type
Any other targeted treatments you may need

Well said. It's been a year since I started on the same journey and I have seen a massive change in my skin's condition. I just used to buy and use products without understanding the active ingredients in them and their concentration in the particular brand. I am using skinceutical products. Cleanse, prevent, correct, protect is my motto now.

Thank you girls so much for advice. I heard that retinol was bad for your skin...is that correct? I am 25, and I am not sure if I need anti-aging products or just spot correctors (for hyperpigmentation from frost bitten skin...)

So far, I am using an Algenist cleanser, Lush Tea Tree Water toner, clarisonic for exfoliating, Ole Henriksen Vit C Serum, and Algenist Genius cream. I honestly don't know what has worked or what has not worked, what is considered a hormonal break out or what is considered a breakout due to not taking care of my skin properly, etc. So confused!

Can you tell what products you use if you don't mind. I would really appreciate it.

I have made reference in these threads before to the only line I have found that really works. It's not fancy nor sold in dept stores-yet, been around for 25 years and it's called Paula's Choice. It was founded on the idea that skincare should help not hurt you.

What you may not realize, is that skincare products can for the most part make any claim they want to-they are not regulated by anyone. I spent alot of money 6 months ago on Perricone and just dumped the last of it. That on top of all the other stuff that never worked. There are many ingredients used on the market that cause break outs and other issues.

If anyone wants to PM me, I can provide a link to save you another small amt of money or answer any questions. I don't work for the company but I love their products. I am always asked what I do for my skin to look so good.

Take a look at their Beautypedia section and look at what products you use, and read the reviews....pretty imformative. It is one of the only lines that offers a money back guarantee-because they know they have a good thing.

Can you tell what products you use if you don't mind. I would really appreciate it.

I use the Sisley milk cleanser, exfoliator, floral toner, radiance (serum) hydra global
& sisleya for dry skin & all day all year sun block

At night I will use the History of Whoo oil to remove makeup , toner,
revive glycolic, sisley rose oil & sisleya supremya

A couple of times a week I sleep with a mask (History of Whoo)

Thank you girls so much for advice. I heard that retinol was bad for your skin...is that correct? I am 25, and I am not sure if I need anti-aging products or just spot correctors (for hyperpigmentation from frost bitten skin...)

So far, I am using an Algenist cleanser, Lush Tea Tree Water toner, clarisonic for exfoliating, Ole Henriksen Vit C Serum, and Algenist Genius cream. I honestly don't know what has worked or what has not worked, what is considered a hormonal break out or what is considered a breakout due to not taking care of my skin properly, etc. So confused!
Retinol--Vitamin A--is fantastic for your skin. It encourages turnover.

The best way I can phrase it, if you look in the mirror and think, "My skin is mad at me," then you are experiencing a bad reaction to something, as opposed to an acne blemish.

Probably the most valuable lessons discovered about my skin--
1) exfolliate, rather than add more moisturizer
2) be gentle, no burning or horribly abrasive products

I enjoy mixing home spa products--with oatmeal, cucumber, honey, egg, etc.
I add tea tree oil to generic witch hazel, as face toner.
I use sensitive skin beauty bars, not soap.
I add a vitamin E capsule to generic body lotion.

I keep it pretty simple & healing--wash, tone, moisturize a.m./p.m. & exfolliate 3-4 x weekly.
Face masks are a special treat @ least monthly, often weekly in stress.
I wear little/no makeup, so not part of my routine.

Hope this helps.

Actually retinal is the only proven and approved anti aging ingredient. None others. Not brands that make their own "research claims".