what is your opinion?

Sep 13, 2006
do you think its normal or *****y for a girl to get jealous over her friend being prettier than she is?

i mean im sure some of you guys feel like that sometimes right?
like your happy for your friend, but then inside you kinda feel like YOU want to be the prettier one...

That must sound EXTREMELY *****Y
but i promise im not like that
i was really just wondering how you girls felt about that,cause i know sometimes ive felt that way.

When I was younger, I was guilty of jealousy, but was also the victim of it, too.

Now that I am in my 30s, I don't get jealous anymore because I realize that beauty involves more than just appearance.

Um, unfortunately, I don't have that problem myself. I didn't have that many girl friends growing up and now I have quite a number of gay friends, so I can't really give you something from my personal life.

No, it's not *****y. It's honest. You don't want to be your pretty friend's Wingwoman night after night.

You want to find a guy that likes you, not a guy that she didn't want so she passed off to you.

I think there's such a thing as being honest about it and then there's being bitter about it. You don't want to be bitter.

You like your friend, and you want to have a good time with her, but maybe you don't have to go to bars / clubs / whatever with her. You know, just for a while. Maybe have a spa day or a mani pedi with her.

I think it's natural to be a little miffed(!) at life in general and perhaps at the shallowness of most men! :lol:

But it's not OK to show your jealousy to her, as it's no more her fault that she's considered prettier, than it is your fault that you are not (if you really are not and aren't actually prettier, but less approachable looking?!). :shrugs:

Also, it may sound ridiculous, but you should have some sympathy; at least the less pretty girl has a method of sorting the male wheat from the chaff and won't scare off potential mates by being unapproachable. The prettiest girls have no way of telling who's genuinely interested in them, for them and not just for their looks and on top of that, most of the female population hate them, too! :sad:

You like your friend, and you want to have a good time with her, but maybe you don't have to go to bars / clubs / whatever with her. You know, just for a while. Maybe have a spa day or a mani pedi with her.

But isn't that cruel? If everyone was like that, pretty girls would have no girlfriends to go out clubbing with! :sad:

I'd say, still go out with her, but if you constantly feel overshadowed, sometimes go out with other friends, as well.

Or, even better, try to go out in a big gang, so you can drift off with different friends (including her) at various times throughout the evening.

Good point. NEVER going to clubs and bars with her is mean. In that case, go to gay bars and clubs!

Or, go to clubs and bars with her, but don't stick to her side all night. Maybe just split up when you meet guys.

ahhh you are not *****y, just human. My so called "best friend" used to ask me to not dress up or wear any make up when we went out! I used to go along with it too, now I see her for the insecure, jealous cow that she was! ;)

One of my friend is so beautiful and gets a loads of attention where ever she goes. But she also has a great personality so I'm happy to have her as a friend... I havent ever even tried to compete with her (I know I would always loose, hands down!) so I dont really feel bad about the way she looks like.
Ok, once I remember a guy I was dating told me she's so gorgeous and he's always so amazed when he sees her - I remember I felt bad as he never commented my appareance at all but mostly I felt this guy wasn't the one for me and he just didn't maybe think I was his type:sad: I wasn't angry or jealous for my friend as she didn't flirt with him or anything like that, but I dumped this guy a while after it :biggrin: Hmmm.. was that jealousy, I dunno..?

I think it's normal, to an extent. Everyone experiences jealousy in one form or another. When that happens, I think the best thing to do is take a step back and look at all the positive things you have going on in your life. You'll feel much better about yourself :smile:

I don't think it's *****y. Almost every girl has felt like that at least once in her life. I always felt like I had to be skinnier than my friends when I was younger. But you grow over that.:yes: There is something special about every girl!