What is your Coach deal breaker?

Dec 10, 2008
I did a search and didn't find anything on this...

Other than price, what is your deal breaker?

I need mine to fit comfortable over my shoulder. Not so much strap drop but whether it will go on without much effort. I LOVED the look of the sm. garnet, but it I had to force it on. :tdown: I'm so bummed.

I agree with you OP. I think the reason I've passed up the Parker line so many times (despite how pretty they are!!) is because of the big squishy handles...and I only have enough patience to carry my Sabrina around as a satchel for so long before I have to covert her :P

I guess it's how heavy it is with all my stuff. Today I carried my Bonnie satchel for the first time and I don't know if it was the patent leather handles on my arm (made marks)or what, but she seemed so much heavier than any of my other satchels????? Maybe it was me?
I would LOVE to have a Peyton but just too heavy.

^^^ ITA on that one too luralee. I loved my Lily satchel when I brought her home for the first time...but after I loaded her up with all my stuff and carried her to the mall, she felt like a sack of bricks on my arm!! :yucky:

I would have to say that there are 3 deal breakers for me when it comes to COACH bags.

#1~Like another poster mentioned, thin leather that feels like I could jab a small hole in it with my fingernail.

#2~A bag that folds in half when you sit it down, even if you've got plenty of stuff in it. Sadly this was the deal breaker with my Gigi, and also with the more recent MFF turnlock tote. I don't want my bag to fold over on itself when I set her down...and to me that's the MAJOR deal breaker!!!

#3~Bad color options in a style I like. I can LOVE the style of a bag, but if the color options aren't there for me, I won't settle!!!

It has to be a shoulder bag. I don't do satchels. But the shoulder strap needs to be long too. I have a few that aren't and I wear the purse to match an outfit but switch back to a go-to bag almost immediately afterward.

1. It must be comfortable to carry. It has to STAY on my shoulder, not slide off when i'm just walking around. I can't do handheld bags anymore, sadly. They bother me too much.

2. Can't be too heavy. I don't carry a ton of stuff, but I need to have the option of adding a bit more to my bag without it cutting off my circulation, haha.

3. This is really only for signature bags, but I hate when the fabric is cut funny...like the new Tribeca bags, the khaki sig one is just not for me because of the way the C's are cut on the "stripes". The black on black doesn't really bother me though, since it's not super noticeable. It's just because i've always associated poorly cut C's with fakes; I couldn't get into the Heritage Stripe line for that reason as well.

For a shoulder bag, the drop has to be long enough that I can just sweep it up onto my shoulder easily - e.g. if it's on my left shoulder, I have to be able to get it on with my left hand. I have saved myself thousands of dollars by doing the "shoulder test" - if I have to use the other hand to get it on my shoulder, I won't bother with it. My DH thinks it's funny.