What is the ONE Accessory that you notice on other women?

Jan 10, 2011
One of my 2013 fashion resolution is to take more effort in my accessories. With a 15 month old, it is not always possible but I am gonna try. So far, I have been pretty good with rotating my earrings, watches, rings and sometimes bracelets. So, I am wondering what do most ladies notice on other women? Is there a make or break accessory for you? A make or break accessory for me is of course, a good handbag!! 

I almost always notice bags , but large wedding bands or rings are something I always notice. (not sure if thats weird or not) So I guess I would say jewelry is one of the first things I notice.

Mostly probably notice the scarf first (good or bad) as its always such a statement, if there is no scarf, then the bag - but depends how close you are, I tend to notice a lady's watch and bangles as well - or is it I like to look?!

Reactions: efleon
The BAG. This is kind of weird lol but my DH has gotten so used to me buying bags that he has started noticing them on other women too, especially Chanel and Birkins (though it may not be the first thing for him lol).

Of course the bag first :smile: and then I notice if she is wearing a beautiful watch or a nice engagement ring with a big stone. Shoes I notice less unfortunately, you are less inclined to look at people's feet.

Usually shoes, then jewelry, then bags and scarves. So few women wear heels around here that it is immediately noticeable if they do and hard to miss, although I imagine that would be different in a more urban and fashionable environment. I really love looking at the jewelry on older women, though. There is something about OTT cocktail rings and stacks of jewelry and all the yellow gold that I really love. Older women tend to bling out whenever they feel like it, and I love the attitude.