What is the best color for a that first birkin?

Bornsocialite26

Hitting the H-ighway
Nov 21, 2007
Hi everyone this would be my first thread here, and I guess Im on the safest place to gather opinions and suggestion about choosing a smart color for that first birkin.
Im 27 year old mommy who dresses casually on a regular basis, I have too many black bags going on namely
black jumbo caviar chanel flap
a mini flap in caviar
a balenciaga work and city both in black
a mahina L in noir... just to name a few.. although a black birkin in 30 would be great, Im decided that my first birkin would be a nice classic timeless color here are my picks all in 30 cm
Bleu de Prusse
Gold
Etoupe
honestly Im torn between bleu de prusse and gold... help?

Well, BdP is a pretty dark blue, so if it's between that and gold, I'd go with gold, just for a little variety. Personally though, I prefer etoupe to gold!

Nice to see you here Bornsocialite!!

When I will be able to get a birkin (and i say when, not if, lol), it will be gold. It is stunning, and so versatile i could wear it with everything.. a great choice.... good luck on your desition!

I wat to get my first Birkin too and thought black or indigo was a safe colour to go for. Then I saw the etoupe colour on the train to work. A lady was carrying it really well and now I'm thinking about the etoupe as my first.
Decision, decision....
I do plan on it being my only H purchase so need to tread carefully.
I'll continue to stalk the H forum for more ideas!

Lately, I have started to appreciate the beautiful Gold/GH combo. It really is a classic.

Your choice also depends also on your wardrobe. You say you have a lot of black bags - do you wear a lot of black also? If so then it depends whether gold or etoupe looks better. Personally I can't decide what other neutral looks best with black - that's the trouble with Hermes - you're spoilt for choice! :biggrin:

Another option (if you aren't considering a black birkin) is Raisin/GH which is also lovely. There are some great pics in the reference library. Have fun deciding!