What is it about Tohu Bohu..

Mediana

~Travelista~
O.G.
May 7, 2007
that makes people go nuts for it? Until last week I thought this pattern was rather messy and nothing for me. But then I saw a purple version om Ebay and though, Oh my. And now those lovely photos of margieb.. AHHH

Please tell me, what is it about Tohu Bahu? ;)

I adore Tohu Bohu. I don't care for Hermes' traditional scarf designs. Tohu Bohu is so contemporary and fun and lively and colorful and playful. It makes me smile because it's not the least bit serious. Did I mention colorful?

Kallie Girl (aka "Miss Tohu Bohu" :biggrin:) posted this list a while back. Read it and drool!

Aubergine/Violet/Parme
Cassis/Reglisse/Capucine
Sapin/Bleu Gris/Rose Indien
Framboise/Rose Indien/Orange
Potiron/Acajou/Absinthe
Gris Acier/Gris Perle/Bleu Lavande
Petrole/Ocre/Lilas
Brique/Jaune Fluo/Vert

I was actually first attracted to the tohu bohu pattern because the words are derived from Hebrew and mean something similar to "formless" and "void." I'm always intrigued by interesting words and their etymological histories.

The design itself was actually secondary for me but I especially love my carre in the light blue colorway. It goes with so many things in my wardrobe and I can wear it with several of my H bags. I also have one of the enamel bracelets in the orange colorway.

As you can see from my signature I'm waiting to find a carre in the orange colorway in excellent condition.