What Is It About LV Bags That Drive Us Crazy

lolasmom

O.G.
Feb 11, 2007
All week I was undecided about the Speedy B 30 I brought home. Brought home a mono, next day returned it for DE. Brought home DE, returned it for a Sully. I think I'm done now. My husband asked me "how hard is it to buy a bag. You buy one, you bring it home, you use it" so he thinks. Maybe I really am crazy - but I see many of you have second thoughts after a purchase too. I told the SA that I have to be banned from buying any more bags, because in every instance I have done this. At least I probably won't think about buying another bag for a few months...............hopefully.

All week I was undecided about the Speedy B 30 I brought home. Brought home a mono, next day returned it for DE. Brought home DE, returned it for a Sully. I think I'm done now. My husband asked me "how hard is it to buy a bag. You buy one, you bring it home, you use it" so he thinks. Maybe I really am crazy - but I see many of you have second thoughts after a purchase too. I told the SA that I have to be banned from buying any more bags, because in every instance I have done this. At least I probably won't think about buying another bag for a few months...............hopefully.
lol, you are clearly not alone . the quest for the perfect bag has proved daunting for many of us! and they keep coming out with new styles. what are we to do??? so how do you like your sully? ps, don't expect dh to understand. they try, but it's just not gonna happen, lol!

This may be true for inexpensive items but with the cost associated with LV bags I want to make sure I am 100% certain the bag is perfect for my needs. And sometimes you can't find that out until you bring the bag home and model it around the house!

Got home, transfered my stuff from my verona to my new sully and it looks and feels great on the shoulder with all my things in it. I have no complaints. I would have saved myself a lot of travel time if I decided on this bag in the first place. I was all set to buy a speedy b. Actually that bag is great too. Hmmmm, it just might be my next bag but not telling hubby yet. I'll give him a few months off. LOL. I was at LV four times in four days. Enough is enough for now. I'm really LV weary right now. But LV content at the same time.

Got home, transfered my stuff from my verona to my new sully and it looks and feels great on the shoulder with all my things in it. I have no complaints. I would have saved myself a lot of travel time if I decided on this bag in the first place. I was all set to buy a speedy b. Actually that bag is great too. Hmmmm, it just might be my next bag but not telling hubby yet. I'll give him a few months off. LOL. I was at LV four times in four days. Enough is enough for now. I'm really LV weary right now. But LV content at the same time.
guess it's a mixed blessing to have a store nearby. on the plus side, you get to try them all on when you want. but on the other hand, they are always there.... i guess living far from a boutique may save me from the constant temptation. at any rate, congrats on your sully. hope you really love carrying it!

Subconsciously we want everything but can't buy everything.
So then we purchase bags while still wanting other bags - because ... at least you think in your head, "Oh, I already bought that, but I chose to get something else." so you end up feeling better about your final purchase!

Well ... that's how it works for me anyway :biggrin:

You aren't alone on this forum for sure. Seems like we often have threads on here written by the undecided.

With both my LVs and my Coach bags I have always known exactly what I wanted and then gotten it and been happy. The closest I came to a return was when I got my patent crimson Lindsey. I had wanted that color for the longest time, but when it arrived and I opened the box it looked so dark,brownish. My dad was standing there with me and immediately said, "Can you return it?" lol......not a good sign.

But then, it was actually my dad who said to bring it over into the sunlight, the light in my living room is not the greatest. When we did, it glowed like a shiny candy apple, it was stunning. I love carrying it, but it is really hard to even photograph it well because it tends to come out looking brown. Anyway that is the closest I have ever come to changing my mind. But I am a very definative person in general. I do a lot of reasearch about anything that I am going to do or purchase, and then I make my decision, and seldom stray from it.

There is nothing wrong with changing your mind. Even definative me can see how you might get something home, or see it in person or whatever the context and just change your mind. Just remind your DH that a woman's perogative is to change her mind :smile: