~What Is It About Lamb Skin Bags?

tonij2000

Luvs Leather
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
I love the few that I have. Some are glazed and absolutely delicious, some are matte and all are richly colored and oh so gorgeous. Maybe it's because the leather is thinner and more luxe looking imo but whatever it is, I'm hooked!

ITA, I have a real thing for lamb. :tender:

All my Chanels are lamb (but 1) my smaller BV is lamb, my fave Gucci hobo...etc.

So soft that they have to to be lined in leather or suede which makes them even more covertable for me.

I've always had a soft spot for bags made of lamb's leather, but my fav designer (Marc Jacobs) never seemed to use it, so I had to get my "fix" elsewhere (Kooba, Botkier). Well, last year MJ finally ventured into lamb leather and some of the bags were just heavenly - this season the quilted stams were lamb and they were oh so soft and smooshy!! I know a lot of people prefer his original calf leather, but give the choice, I'd choose lamb all the time!! They're so much softer not to mention lighter weight. I'm hoping he continues to use it on bags in the future.

the only time I'd have to say I DIDN'T like lamb over some other leather was when Balenciaga switched from chevre (goat) to agneau (lamb). I MUCH prefer the chevre Bbags to the newer ones (I don't know if it has something to do with the way they process the leather to absorb the color and withstand the hardware or what the reason is, but that's one of the few times where I don't think the lamb is as nice and soft)

All of the reasons listed above I guess! I have lambskin bags by Ferragamo, Botkier, Rebecca Minkoff and Treesje.

My fave lambskin (I think) is RM's burgundy. It's slightly glazed and just heavenly!

Can you believe I don't own one lambskin leather bag? I am yearning for one in the worst way but can't find one. I am in the process of possibly buying a BV Veneta to sooth my craving although it is going to put me over the top financially. How do you know when a Minkoff is made of lambskin? She makes some smooshy soft calfskin leather bags that feel like lamb but aren't so how do you know? Does it say in the bag?

I'm up to all suggestions if someone could steer me in the direction of a lambskin bag for half the price of the BV!!!

MJ's Quilted Large Singles are made from Lamb's Leather and they're only $625!!!
I have one in Grey (the other colors from Fall 09 were Violet, Pink, Nude and Black)
Nordstrom's just marked down the Violet 40%, but I understand they're sold out
Saks carried the Nude, but I don't know if they went on sale with the other F/W things

The colors for Resort were Red and Beige (both beautiful!!)

LSingle014.jpg

Last edited: