What is it about a purse

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. That makes you desire for more and more.

2. It doesn't matter how I feel about my body, my handbag will always look good on!

3. There is very little worry about fit-as long as it holds your stuff!

I hate shoe shopping (a wide width, narrow heel and a high instep sucks all the fun out) so handbags are the best!

4. ^ I hear you, Surfergirl! I have wide feet, a high instep and I can't walk in heels... it's almost impossible to find shoes.
    Most clothes won't fit either... I guess I have a weird body?!

But bags always fit, they often have many nice details I fall in love with (like special hardware or lining) and you can always wear them: try wearing 4inch stilleto heels when you're on running through the airport all day or shopping for hours... painfull!

Also, I noticed that sometimes I use my bag as a "shield". Like when I'm somewhere and people are looking at me for no reason, it makes me feel better to have a big and fabulous bag to "hide" behind... does that even make sense? And what does that say about me?! :upsidedown:

5. I hear you, Peachy Mary! I am plus-sized so it's hard getting nice clothes. A nice bag sweetens up a plain outfit!

6. Function and beauty. What more would you want?

7. So true! Purses are my one and only girly thing.

8. I think if i'd be able to write an essay about them. Seriously. I have an internal love for these things since i was a kid.

9. As they just wrote "a bag always fit" [​IMG] and can also add interest to even the plainest outfit (white T-shirt, jeans and flats with a great, classic bag , such as.......... you can fill it with your favourite).

10. LOL and here I thought I was the only person who thought that :roflmfao:

Shoes, jewelry, and bags always fit so nowadays I find myself spending more on those rather than $$$ on outfits that I can't wear when I've put on weight. Accessories often make the outfit anyway :P

11. I've never been a big jewelry person just a big pair of hoops for me. I only accessorize with my bags or shoes. I don't know I guess a bag says it all. Even if you're wearing something casual or plain the instant you're carrying a very nice bag it makes your outfit look better. Sometimes I look like a bum and I have had someone say I look really nice and honestly its because of the purse not me lol!!

12. gucci fan">
    YES! This is exactly how I feel. What a great thread! I've pondered this question a lot lately, and my answer matches GucciFan's because, at 7 mos. pregnant, there isn't a designer piece of clothing or shoes in my closet that works right now. But bags? They work every day, regardless of my expanding waistline! haha

Also, I think I read in Harper's Baazar that if you're going to spend $$ on designer "anything," it should be an accessory - like shoes or a purse - because clothing is never exactly tailored to fit your body and the materials aren't always of the same high (exclusive) quality. Purses tend to last. Clothes - after a few dry cleanings, the occasional snag, etc. - don't.

13. :party: I completely agree with everyone ...............

14. They just make me happy.....

15. Easier to fit than clothes and shoes.