What is going on with Coach?

I bet a lot of those new, not fake eBay bags literally fell off a truck, probably a good supply of those at the moment... http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/12/truck_hauling_500k_in_purses_reported_stolen_from.html
I often think that must be the case. There was that seller of small Coach items who always had items before they were released in large quantities. It took years before they shut her down.

I bought my purse before the date of that reported theft, so it must have been a different truck!

I ordered two bag charms and two pairs of sneakers on Dec 31st. Got them yesterday. Shipping was fast and free! All items are good quality. But complimentary gift boxes were only two small ones for the charms, sneakers arrived just in regular boxes with brown ribbon. And one pair of sneakers is a gift for my niece. Sigh....

When you say sneakers arrived just in regular boxes with brown ribbon, what type of box is that? And was the brown ribbon tied around the box? Since you're sighing, I'm curious about that box.

Same bag, cheaper price and a better return policy (if needed). If the boutique experience includes getting a bottle of water and having someone bring you your bag from the back, I'd buy from Macy's.

Yeah, it really is a no-brainer, isn't it?? And the filthy rich that don't need to price shop, are planning their next LV and Fendi purchases -- not monitoring whether Coach or MK will drop their sale prices by another 10 percent, lol!

Yeah, it really is a no-brainer, isn't it?? And the filthy rich that don't need to price shop, are planning their next LV and Fendi purchases -- not monitoring whether Coach or MK will drop their sale prices by another 10 percent, lol!
I am not sure I completely understand your comment, but I want to make clear that no one is judging people who "price shop." Moreover, a lot of "filthy rich" people price shop too.

IMG_0287.JPG
When you say sneakers arrived just in regular boxes with brown ribbon, what type of box is that? And was the brown ribbon tied around the box? Since you're sighing, I'm curious about that box.
Yes, regular brown box with brown ribbon I get anyway every time I buy shoes in boutique and plus the brown paper bag to carry. This is an original pack. Complimentary boxes are black and ribbons are yellow-ish.
Charms were in complimentary boxes and a white drawstring cloth pouch inside. When the option of complimentary box showed on the website they showed black boxes with yellow ribbons.
Two pairs of the same sneakers were packed differently-niece's were in plastic bags each plus lots of paper and divider cardboard between plus care card, mine-just paper. Go figure...

Last edited:
View attachment 3568065
Yes, regular brown box with brown ribbon I get anyway every time I buy shoes in boutique and plus the brown paper bag to carry. This is an original pack. Complimentary boxes are black and ribbons are yellow-ish.
Charms were in complimentary boxes and a white drawstring cloth pouch inside. When the option of complimentary box showed on the website they showed black boxes with yellow ribbons.
Two pairs of the same sneakers were packed differently-niece's were in plastic bags each plus lots of paper and divider cardboard between plus care card, mine-just paper. Go figure...
They may have run out of the boxes for the shoes. I mean the box you got seems very nice too!

I am not sure I completely understand your comment, but I want to make clear that no one is judging people who "price shop." Moreover, a lot of "filthy rich" people price shop too.

I totally apologize for the way I posted that -- please believe me that sometimes I get cynical and end up expressing myself before thinking. I dId sound judgmental and I was generalizing. I was putting my "wiseguy" spin on my personal observations of people's spending habits, which often is dictated by their financial situation.

And, as you stated, I do see that very wealthy folks often comparison shop, which is a smart thing to do. OTOH, I see individuals that are scraping to get by, spending way beyond their means.

If I have offended anyone, please accept my apology.

And, Fabuleux, I always enjoy your posts -- they are well written and informative. (I hope that doesn't sound like I'm kissing up to you, lol)

I totally apologize for the way I posted that -- please believe me that sometimes I get cynical and end up expressing myself before thinking. I dId sound judgmental and I was generalizing. I was putting my "wiseguy" spin on my personal observations of people's spending habits, which often is dictated by their financial situation.

And, as you stated, I do see that very wealthy folks often comparison shop, which is a smart thing to do. OTOH, I see individuals that are scraping to get by, spending way beyond their means.

If I have offended anyone, please accept my apology.

And, Fabuleux, I always enjoy your posts -- they are well written and informative. (I hope that doesn't sound like I'm kissing up to you, lol)
I appreciate that. :hugs:
I think some people get their feelings hurt sometimes when we discuss the "business" side of Coach (or other brands) because it highlights financial disparity between forum members. I just wanted to make sure that whether people shop at the outlet or at the full-price boutique or both, no one is judging. Including me. ;) And I know sometimes I come off as a cold-hearted b**ch in my posts. :lol:

View attachment 3568065

That's interesting, I've NEVER seen or received any YELLOW ribbons from Coach when I order online. With the complimentary boxes I usually receive either Brown or Black boxes; and the ribbons have been either Black or Brown also -- the SLG items are often pre-wrapped by Coach (ribbon outside, tissue paper and Coach sticker surrounding the item inside, very professional looking).

Anyway, your packaging looks nice to me -- I've never ordered their shoes, so I can't compare.

I think some people get their feelings hurt sometimes when we discuss the "business" side of Coach (or other brands) because it highlights financial disparity between forum members. I just wanted to make sure that whether people shop at the outlet or at the full-price boutique or both, no one is judging. Including me. ;) And I know sometimes I come off as a cold-hearted b**ch in my posts. :lol:

Agree with this 100%. I think you come across as an educated, thoughtful & straightforward byotch [emoji14][emoji6]

You know, you may not realize this, but you are a very kind individual -- I just RE-READ your response post above and I feel like you truly care about and advocate for "the people", whoever they may be. So I, personally, would not consider you a "cold-hearted b**ch" -- you wrote from the heart. I'm still not trying to kiss up to you, haha!

BTW, the posters on here that might need a real *as*-- whoopin'*, will end up getting one from their fellow posters anyway...I guarantee it.

For a company that is trying to 'elevate' itself, they sure do know how to discount the crap out of their products. I returned 4 different bags this holiday season after seeing them for 30% to 40% less than what I had just paid literally weeks before. And since when does Coach run such long sales on their website for as much as 50% off, for MONTHS at a time? Did they do that last year??

Don't get me wrong, I love the lower prices and sales. But I don't see this as a way of elevating their brand between this and the outlets. To me, Coach is just a mid-level brand with a few higher priced bags that eventually end up on sale. Still love them though and I will continue to buy, especially with the great discounts. Just not sure how many would pay full price at this point.

Even prestigious lines have sales to end a season or run. Lucky be the girl or guy that gets the bargain. Selling a $9,000 Prada bag for 66% off has to to hurt those who paid full price. Point being all companies have to clear inventory. Except maybe LV, but I'm guessing this is because their styles rarely change, but rather are tweaked and remain season after season. 20 years later I can still buy my Speedy 30. I may never again View attachment 3565920View attachment 3565921see my Pink Rocket Dinky 32, so I'm in.[/QUOTE]
Do all Coach bags go on sale ? I was looking at the Rogue today and have heard in the past this one never gets discounted .? I have not bought a Coach purse in years so excuse my ignorance :smile:

Even prestigious lines have sales to end a season or run. Lucky be the girl or guy that gets the bargain. Selling a $9,000 Prada bag for 66% off has to to hurt those who paid full price. Point being all companies have to clear inventory. Except maybe LV, but I'm guessing this is because their styles rarely change, but rather are tweaked and remain season after season. 20 years later I can still buy my Speedy 30. I may never again View attachment 3565920View attachment 3565921see my Pink Rocket Dinky 32, so I'm in.
Do all Coach bags go on sale ? I was looking at the Rogue today and have heard in the past this one never gets discounted .? I have not bought a Coach purse in years so excuse my ignorance :smile:[/QUOTE]
Some bags sell out so they don't get discounted. Coach has coupon sales a few times a year and certain styles are excluded from the coupon. Supposedly, Coach is making fewer 1941 items so there is less chance they will end up on sale, but no one knows for sure. If you really want something and wait, you might miss your chance.