What is diamonique??

I guess in my area i notice a ton of people wearing fake diamonds for the sole purpose of looking rich and important. aka 2ct in each ear.. in the ghetto

Do you have pictures of your heart shape ring? I would love to see it!

Well, I'm sure those people exist everywhere....not just the ghetto. I guess if you're comfortable in your own skin, then you really don't have to impress anyone. You buy what you like and you wear it. I buy what I like and wear it....I could care less what others think. I'm not the richest person out there and I don't try to fool others into thinking I am. I can take some pics of my ring and post them. I get compliments all the time. I'm glad you express such interest in seeing it. I think I'll even post a Diamonique ring next to it.....:P.

OK, here you go!!! On my pointer is a Tacori diamonique eternity band. It sparkles as much as my real diamonds on the Rolex and the heart solitaire and princess cut setting. My camera isn't the best out there, but I think you'll agree.....the diamonique isn't too shabby!

I was just thinking of a friend of mine....our sons play tennis together at a country club here in Vegas. Her husband is a very successful attorney here and she came from "old" money. She wears these 5 carat each CZ's in her ears. I really don't know how her earlobes have managed to stay intact! She is such a classy woman and she pulls it off. I never would have doubted that they weren't real as she pulls up in her Bentley everyday. The point is that she doesn't care. She can afford the real deal, but she chooses not to. For whatever reason, she's happy with CZ! She certainly does not come from the ghetto nor does she have to act wealthy.

girlsgottoshop, the ring ain't too bad BUT I have to say I am in LOVE with your Rolex! :drool: love love love the diamond bezel. Is that a 31mm? I am normally not a fan of the markers but on your watch they are just perfect! Just gorgeous. Now I know what my next Rolex will be! :P

OK, here you go!!! On my pointer is a Tacori diamonique eternity band. It sparkles as much as my real diamonds on the Rolex and the heart solitaire and princess cut setting. My camera isn't the best out there, but I think you'll agree.....the diamonique isn't too shabby!

:wtf:
I'm sorry i think i just drooled a little bit. :drool:

That is a very nice heart shape, not to fat not too skinny! I bet in teh light those extra eternities make it blinding! i've actually never seen a setting where the stone was lifted to have diamonds under it! your diamond must feel so special between the rivers next and under it!

To comment on the CZ and replicas. Wouldnt you agree that a cz or non diamond is a replica of a diamond? its made to look like a diamond but for a fraction of the price. Same goes for purse replicas. Similar material made to look like the real thing. Some even have real leather. This is why i am against owning any.

To comment on the 5ct in ear each.. just WOW :sweatdrop: that seems very heavy, maybe i should wear some heavier earrings to weigh down my lobes.. they pierced me a bit high and i can not wear a simple stud with a dangling pearl. it has to be at least 3 inches long and heavy to look correct on me.

I completely disagree. A CZ is of course a "fake" diamond, but it isn't a counterfeit item. It isn't going against copyright laws, or funding terrorism or child labor. I guess if there was a branded diamond that was being copied, it could be classified as a shady practice, because it would be a replica.

Also, this thread wasn't for opinions on whether or not to own CZ's. Someone was simply asking about a particular brand. If you feel they are "ghetto", then of course, get the real ones! I wouldn't spend the money on studs, personally, even though I certainly could if I wanted to. I'm too paranoid about earrings.

To comment on the CZ and replicas. Wouldnt you agree that a cz or non diamond is a replica of a diamond? its made to look like a diamond but for a fraction of the price. Same goes for purse replicas. Similar material made to look like the real thing. Some even have real leather. This is why i am against owning any.
quote]

^^^ I agree with you! I think CZs and diamonds are more like PCs and Macs or Clinique and Cover Girl. They're just different brands that look (and even perform) the same. If the CZ or its setting was labeled DeBeers or Tiffany, I would agree with the previous poster. Fake bags are actually labeled with designers' names and logos. If designers like Tacori and Judith Ripka are willing to put their names on Diamonique, I don't know why anyone should have a problem with buying or wearing it.

I switched to CZ studs (1ct each ear) a few months ago. I was soooo glad I did when I got to my parents' house the other night after a long flight and drive and realized that one of my earring backs had disappeared (luckily I didn't lose the earring itself)! If that would have been my diamond stud, I would have been panicked. But with my CZs, I could buy another pair for $50. Sure, I could buy $5,000 diamond earrings, but why? They're just pretty earrings, no matter how much I paid or what the stone looks like.

Wow I realized QVC diamonique included tacori pieces. That's just like the designers like Rafe making bags for target that look like their boutique style but with cheaper materials (here, diamonique instead of pvc). Nothing fake about it, still a tacori, but it's a qvc-tacori, like a target-rafe.

Thanks for being un lazy for little ole me =)

Thank you for your kind comments!!!! I love my ring! It took me a long time to find the right heart. My jeweler brought in about 8 hearts....some were too fat, some were lopsided. We finally settled on this one because it had the perfect shape. Took us about 3 months to finally get the right one and then it was set in a different mounting for about a year. I found this mounting and fell in LOVE!! It just sets it off. Thank you again!!!

Wow I realized QVC diamonique included tacori pieces. That's just like the designers like Rafe making bags for target that look like their boutique style but with cheaper materials (here, diamonique instead of pvc). Nothing fake about it, still a tacori, but it's a qvc-tacori, like a target-rafe.

Yep!!! I don't think Paul Tacori or Judith Ripka would put their names on anything that was counterfeit-like. They're just using Diamonique so that everyone has a shot at owning something beautiful!!

My statement was that CZ etc are fake diamonds replicas of a diamond and is similar to replica purses but the only difference is that CZ etc are legal but it doesnt change the fact they are replicas.

I have nothing against people who buy them, i personally prefer a diamond. Just like i prefer a 1 real coach VS 6 really good replica's.

Then again i like my diamonds with a flaw, makes them unique to me and well they don't make CZ with flaws.. i found a cz with a G VVS2

cheers and happy chinese new year to whoever is related

My statement was that CZ etc are fake diamonds replicas of a diamond and is similar to replica purses but the only difference is that CZ etc are legal but it doesnt change the fact they are replicas.

I have nothing against people who buy them, i personally prefer a diamond. Just like i prefer a 1 real coach VS 6 really good replica's.

Then again i like my diamonds with a flaw, makes them unique to me and well they don't make CZ with flaws.. i found a cz with a G VVS2

cheers and happy chinese new year to whoever is related

You still don't seem to get what everyone is saying...since you are analogizing CZ's/Diamonds to authentic/counterfeit bags.

A CZ isn't illegal or "stealing" someone else's copyright. In reality, it is something all together different, it isn't a "replica". It isn't even an exact copy...since it is usually made of glass and not carbon.

You say you have nothing against people who buy them, but then put them in the same boat as fake bags. I'm pretty sure every person on this board with CZ's would be highly offended by that.

Enjoy your real diamonds...but don't pick on the folks who choose CZ. I proudly wear both ;)

Trying to determine what size is too big to look really good. I read t he small and medium ones are great- so I was thinking of getting princess cut studs 1 ct. in each ear- will those look good or is that hitting the "too big mark" I would wear them in my first hole. My 2nd has a pair of (real) .25 diamonds in them....