What in your opinion Hermes lacks of?

maryg1

K in a circle
O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
Every relationship is made of a lot of love - and a little bit of hate.
We all demonstrate our love for Hermes, their quality, their craftsmanship...
but what do you hate of Hermes, or what do you feel it lacks of?

Personally, I'd like to see some more pockets in their everyday bags like Picotin or Massai, while the pockets on the Kelly are just perfect. I need pockets in my bag, I'm such a mess!

Would be nice to have something like the Kelly long wallet/Kelly pochette but with a strap (leather or chain). Basically the H version of Chanel WOC.

I would rather they made it easier to get locks or accessories they have been around for more that 170 years so understanding that vintage is grand part of hermes they could provide theese things with a little bit more ease it took me a year to have a black box clochette and new lock for my vintage black Kelly. And then I would ask them to make more or seasonal catalogs I like them, le monde hermes is fantastic but a little something more would not hurt.

i love carrying my birkin in the crook of my arm, but the option of longer handles would be great, ITA with more or better pockets....

other than that, it's perfection!

A Birkin with longer handles!

(I figure if I say this in every thread that is even remotely like this, eventually they will listen. :biggrin:)

I agree - longer handles on the Birkin so one might hike it up on the shoulder (and not have to be a size 0 to do so!). It is one thing I love about the Lederer "inspired by" bag - longer handles!

Every relationship is made of a lot of love - and a little bit of hate.
We all demonstrate our love for Hermes, their quality, their craftsmanship...
but what do you hate of Hermes, or what do you feel it lacks of?

Personally, I'd like to see some more pockets in their everyday bags like Picotin or Massai, while the pockets on the Kelly are just perfect. I need pockets in my bag, I'm such a mess!

Maryg. more pockets, the merrier:biggrin:. In addition to this, I would like to have a Birkin that I can carry as well on the shoulder. Do they make it as a regular merchandise?

More bags with outer pockets with zippers (kelly lakis is expensive!) & more bags with double zippers

more bags with at least an 8" drop. a gp with a longer drop would be lovely!

leather cabag with a zipped closure

enamel bracelets that open & close on the side. they're just too big on my wrists! and if they slide down, they're painful when i'm getting or doing something

Last edited:
I'd like to see an actual collection of ready to wear. Something one could pick a few pieces from, to mix and match with other designers lines, just like every other luxury brand does.

I find it terribely frustrating not beeing able to find at least 5 nice pieces per season that suit my petite figure and meet my everyday style.

I can do that with Celine, Prada, Balenciaga, Chanel. Not with Hermes. How frustrating.