What Functional/Fashionable Features Are Your Must-haves?

Cafebaby

I Love Louis
Jul 28, 2009
I have to be able to carry my purse comfortably on my shoulder, and I need outside pockets, preferably on the sides. I also look for a reinforced bottom or center seam, so the bottom doesn't look like it's sagging if I load it up. The LV Totally MM I just purchased has all of these features, which is why I had to have it.

My big requirements:
tall not wide
long enough straps to fit over my shoulder but be still up under my armpit mostly
prefer 3 distinct sections with the middle being the largest
has to fit at least one full size magazine (like 2 instyles or something is my test) and still have room for my costanza wallet and phone and pouches.

- Lightweight - some bags I really admired are just too heavy when empty.
- Compartments - I want more than just a small cellphone holder & a small pouch that only holds a tube of lipstick or compact
- Secure top - either with zipper or flap
- Easily cleaned - I love leather but some (especially the butter soft ones) can leave a stain
- Most important - simple/classic in design. Some bags just have too many things happening, kwim?

I can deal with most but when purchasing a bag, the softness of the leather is what attracts me. I don't really care for stiff bags. However I do have a satchel by Max that is that way, doesn't bother me as much. But the leather qual.is a must.

1. Easily accessible cell phone pocket that my iPhone will fit into.
2. Handles/Straps that are big enough to carry with a jacket.
3. Outer pocket(s) is a plus.
4. "Fashionable"

Quality leather, non-cheap looking hardware, finished edges (like sometimes cheaper leather woven bags don't have leather that is finished on the sides of the woven straps) at least one interior pocket, handle or handles so I can comfortable wear on my shoulder.

My list:
  • Soft leather
  • Lightweight
  • At least one external pocket
  • Zip closure that doesn't stick
  • Made well, easy to clean and maintain
  • Handles that fits over shoulder or a detachable strap
  • Holds a lot (all streamlining attempts seem to have failed!!! :confused1:)