What Ferragamo handbag is on the same level as Chanel Flap, Gucci Marmont, Hermes Birkin, or Bottega Veneta Jodie?

Top handle with gancini. They actually have current line called the Iconic lol

Agree Sofia and Studio could be considered "iconic" bags but respectfully disagree with the Hug bag as it was only released this year.

ETA: I also personally think there are more iconic Gucci bags than the Marmont e.g. bamboo top handle and Jackie.

Last edited:
In terms of craftsmanship/quality, my Studio bags by Ferragamo are on par with Chanel & Hermes imo. They are beautifully made, leather is fantastic and the colours offered are stunning. In terms of resale, Ferragamo bags don't really hold their value so if you are wanting to buy for investment, Ferragamo may not be the brand for that. They don't seem to have a style that everyone looks at and thinks 'Is that a Ferragamo?' like Chanel, Hermes, etc. - but their bags are still stunning. I would have said the Boxyz was quite iconic and I'm still confused as to why they discontinued it.

If you're wanting a beautifully made leather bag, I don't think you can go wrong with any of their offerings. :blush:

In terms of craftsmanship/quality, my Studio bags by Ferragamo are on par with Chanel & Hermes imo. They are beautifully made, leather is fantastic and the colours offered are stunning. In terms of resale, Ferragamo bags don't really hold their value so if you are wanting to buy for investment, Ferragamo may not be the brand for that. They don't seem to have a style that everyone looks at and thinks 'Is that a Ferragamo?' like Chanel, Hermes, etc. - but their bags are still stunning. I would have said the Boxyz was quite iconic and I'm still confused as to why they discontinued it.

If you're wanting a beautifully made leather bag, I don't think you can go wrong with any of their offerings. :blush:
Yes, I agree with you 100!

The iconic top handle bag (used to be gancini for the classic size). I mean I think there’s a reason why they rebranded it to be called the iconic top handle bag. It’s absolutely stunning and when placed next to my dior and chanel bags, it looks just as astonishing to me honestly.

View attachment 5898888View attachment 5898889
Thx for the pics. It does look kinda cool side-by-side with the BIG names. However IDK how well Ferragamo bags retain their value

Reactions: Passerine123
LOL I actually almost included "purchase for a gift for someone" as an option. Well, I guess it depends again on if it's just for her enjoyment or resale value is a factor? I usually buy what I like and plan to use without worrying about that stuff. I think the new iconic bag is really nice and comes in a variety of colors but I am sure you know best what she would like!