What feedback would you leave?

Oooh well I can see why the seller has told you to file a claim. Because as far as he's concerned once it reaches the Global Shipping warehouse it's their responsibility.

I had a problem where my item arrived damaged. I reported this to the seller and she basically said it left her hands in good condition so the Global Shipping warehouse must have damaged it when re-packing. Same thing, she basically said 'file a claim'

I filed a claim and got my money back pretty quickly. PayPal put me through to the Global Shipping contact who helped me through the process.

I think you'll be right 😊

I agree with this. Ebay is collecting extra fees for the Global Shipping service and it is up to them to sort out a lost package. There is very little work required on this to sort it out for either you or the seller. You did the right thing by letting the seller know. He advised you to check the tracking in Australia and when that did not come up that you should file a claim. It is that simple and should not require hours on the phone.

I would not leave any kind of negative or neutral feedback for this transaction.

Also, the package could still be on its way to you. While three weeks is longer than normal, sometimes packages do get hung up somewhere and do not get properly tracked. But one way or the other you will get your item or all your money back.

Yeah "ERLANGER, KY" is their Global Shipping Program warehouse. I always send items there when an international buyer made the purchase, so eBay most likely did lose the package.

Okay, I won't leave a negative or a neutral. I know it's not the sellers fault but I just felt really unsupported the whole time. I haven't raised a claim before and he just sort of acted so casual about everything. There was no apology, no effort to follow up, there was no customer service of any kind.

The claim is being processed now, I did have to spend a couple hours on the phone unfortunately as it took a while to find the transaction as unbeknown to me I had bought that particularly item using my husbands paypal account.

Maybe for him it wasn't a big deal so he was really casual about it, but it wasn't the most pleasant experience for me and I was a bit stressed. It would have been nice to have a bit of support or understanding from him, but there was nothing. I know it's an odd analogy but his attitude was a bit like he was smoking pot. It's not the most PC description, so my apologies if I've offended anyone.

You're protected. You have to file non-receipt and point out in the dispute that the seller used GSP and ebay is responsible in these cases.

Okay, I won't leave a negative or a neutral. I know it's not the sellers fault but I just felt really unsupported the whole time. I haven't raised a claim before and he just sort of acted so casual about everything. There was no apology, no effort to follow up, there was no customer service of any kind.

The claim is being processed now, I did have to spend a couple hours on the phone unfortunately as it took a while to find the transaction as unbeknown to me I had bought that particularly item using my husbands paypal account.

Maybe for him it wasn't a big deal so he was really casual about it, but it wasn't the most pleasant experience for me and I was a bit stressed. It would have been nice to have a bit of support or understanding from him, but there was nothing. I know it's an odd analogy but his attitude was a bit like he was smoking pot. It's not the most PC description, so my apologies if I've offended anyone.

Your seller should have shown more interest in helping you. He very
easily could have forwarded info &or explained to you how the global shipping
program works. His lack of interest was unprofessional & many of us would
share your frustrations with sellers such as this.

Lets hope your item arrives & if you feel inclined to do so, you can
share your thoughts in a e-mail about the lack of his interest. He just may
not have realized how unpleasant this was & it gives you an opportunity to
release some of your frustrations, IYKWIM

You're protected. You have to file non-receipt and point out in the dispute that the seller used GSP and ebay is responsible in these cases.

So in cases where a seller uses GSP (and sent the item to eBay for forwarding) and the buyer files an INR claim, I would assume that the seller doesn't get dinged, and they're not responsible for a refund, correct? And would eBay remove any neg or neutral due to non-delivery?

I would imagine that would all be the case, but you never know with eBay.

Your seller should have shown more interest in helping you. He very
easily could have forwarded info &or explained to you how the global shipping
program works. His lack of interest was unprofessional & many of us would
share your frustrations with sellers such as this.

Lets hope your item arrives & if you feel inclined to do so, you can
share your thoughts in a e-mail about the lack of his interest. He just may
not have realized how unpleasant this was & it gives you an opportunity to
release some of your frustrations, IYKWIM
I disagree with this post. In typical ebay fashion, ebay made promises and implications about how easy their "helpful" programs are.

As with most ebay users and with most of us, this seller trusted ebay's promises about how easy GSP is, how the seller has nothing to worry about and how ebay does all the work and handles any issues that arise.

The seller opted in (knowingly or not) into ebay's GSP and assumed that ebay's promises to do all the work would be followed through. It's not a matter of the seller having informaiton that he's not sharing, which is what's being implied.

The seller did all he could and did it according to protocol and in the case of GSP, not only is the seller not responsible for following up but the seller can't follow up. Ebay's shipping services have all the information necessary to investigate, info that the seller doesn't have.

It's wrong to blame the seller when in the case of GSP, the seller has NO CONTROL.

I disagree with this post. In typical ebay fashion, ebay made promises and implications about how easy their "helpful" programs are.

As with most ebay users and with most of us, this seller trusted ebay's promises about how easy GSP is, how the seller has nothing to worry about and how ebay does all the work and handles any issues that arise.

The seller opted in (knowingly or not) into ebay's GSP and assumed that ebay's promises to do all the work would be followed through. It's not a matter of the seller having informaiton that he's not sharing, which is what's being implied.

The seller did all he could and did it according to protocol and in the case of GSP, not only is the seller not responsible for following up but the seller can't follow up. Ebay's shipping services have all the information necessary to investigate, info that the seller doesn't have.

It's wrong to blame the seller when in the case of GSP, the seller has NO CONTROL.
From a buyer's perspective, the item is coming from the seller, GSP or not. When an item gets lost, naturally a buyer would contact the seller. As far as I know, eBay doesn't promise to initiate communication with the buyer on the whereabouts of the package. While the global shipping program makes eBay responsible for all things related to shipping, the seller can still be rated for their communication. As the buyer states, "There was no apology, no effort to follow up, there was no customer service of any kind." As a seller, I would be sympathetic with my buyer and try to give them as much information, direction, and explanation as possible. I would not assume a "not my problem" attitude.

From a buyer's perspective, the item is coming from the seller, GSP or not. When an item gets lost, naturally a buyer would contact the seller. As far as I know, eBay doesn't promise to initiate communication with the buyer on the whereabouts of the package. While the global shipping program makes eBay responsible for all things related to shipping, the seller can still be rated for their communication. As the buyer states, "There was no apology, no effort to follow up, there was no customer service of any kind." As a seller, I would be sympathetic with my buyer and try to give them as much information, direction, and explanation as possible. I would not assume a "not my problem" attitude.

Agree here with shop955 & her point is well made & another example where communication would have made the
difference to this particular buyer. The buyer needed some reassurance & support
with regard to her package & the seller basically ignored her requests. Not
only is it not professional but it is also frustrating.

The seller very easily could have acknolwedge the buyer's e-mails with
an explanation of the GSP program & should have had the interest to do so.
Dismissing her requests wasn't reassuring.

Last edited:
Agree here with shop955 & her point is well made & another example where communication would have made the
difference to this particular buyer. The buyer needed some reassurance & support
with regard to her package & the seller basically ignored her requests. Not
only is it not professional but it is also frustrating.

The seller very easily could have acknolwedge the buyer's e-mails with
an explanation of the GSP program
& should have had the interest to do so.
Dismissing her requests wasn't reassuring.

I really don't think it is the seller's responsibility to educate buyers on the GSP. If the item is being sold through GSP it is mentioned in bold right at the top of the listing with a link to a detailed description of GSP. It is as much a buyer's responsibility as a seller's responsibility to understand it.

I agree that a bit more communication might have been helpful but there really was nothing the seller could do to alter the outcome of this. And it is not like there was ever any concern that the buyer would be protected.

I really don't think it is the seller's responsibility to educate buyers on the GSP. If the item is being sold through GSP it is mentioned in bold right at the top of the listing with a link to a detailed description of GSP. It is as much a buyer's responsibility as a seller's responsibility to understand it.

I agree that a bit more communication might have been helpful but there really was nothing the seller could do to alter the outcome of this. And it is not like there was ever any concern that the buyer would be protected.

That's another problem buyers don't always read!! & its hard enough for
experienced sellers/buyers to figure out all of ebay's new programs/policies/changes

The buyer needed some reasuurance.. pure & simple.. & asked for it from what it
sounds like nicely. She had concerns about her package

The seller just could have been a little bit more considerate & responded
in a more professional manner & not be so dismissive. The buyer expected a response
That isn't so unreasonable....

Buyers want their items. They always don't want to be subjected to filing
claims for INR's..

Well said! Agree 200% 😊

That's another problem buyers don't always read!! & its hard enough for
experienced sellers/buyers figure out all of ebay's new programs/policies/changes

The buyer needed some reasuurance.. pure & simple..

The seller just could have been a little bit more patient & considerate
& responded in a more professional manner that is all the buyer expected.
That isn't so unreasonable....

Buyers want their items. They always don't want to be subjected to filing
claims for INR's..

In this particular case, the situation was made more stressful for the OP because she inadvertently her husband's Paypal account. The seller cannot control this any more than he can control a package lost by ebay's GSP. I do agree that he could have been a bit more communicative, but back to the title of this thread "What feedback would you leave?" I don't think this deserves a neg or a neutral.

In this particular case, the situation was made more stressful for the OP because she inadvertently her husband's Paypal account. The seller cannot control this any more than he can control a package lost by ebay's GSP. I do agree that he could have been a bit more communicative, but back to the title of this thread "What feedback would you leave?" I don't think this deserves a neg or a neutral.

OP says that she will not leave any feedback but that she did feel
unsupported throughout this ordeal.

The claim is opened & OP will just have to wait it out, but I do think
there is no harm in contacting the seller & sharing her thoughts about
the way her e-mails were not responded to in the manner in which she
thought they should have been after all has been settled.

Sellers should take constructive criticism about all ebay issues when
presented in a fair manner & I think the OP will be able to do this
respectfully. In this circumstance answering a reasonable question (for some) is a far
cry from educating the buyer on the GSP...

Last edited:

I just went back to check the listing, no where on the listing was GSP mentioned.

Certainly now in bold anywhere.

All that was mentioned about shipping was

"US $27.69 (approx. AU $29.69) International Priority Shipping to Australia | See details"