what exactly is a money order - urgent help pls.

I've got a few things for sell on ebay and I put that i only accept paypal. Someone just emailed me asking if I accept money orders. What exactly are they? And should I accept them? Are they safe? How do they work? I asked my boyfriend but he doesn't know so I thought all you ladies will be able to help me out.
Thanks in advance!!!!

It is a cheque that the buyer has paid up front for from either a postal office or a bank. It is completely secure funds, it will never bounce. The only problem with it is that it takes longer than paypal as the seller needs to send you the money order first, so if you really need the funds quickly paypal is the quicker option

I would get them to do a USPS money order (postal office)...then once you get it, take it with you when you ship it...cash it first and THEN mail out the package. This way you ensure you have the cash in hand before letting go of your item.

You can also get money orders at most large grocery stores and a lot of convenience stores like 7-Eleven. Like anything else, they can be forged, definitely cash it and have it clear prior to shipping the package.

Yes Western Union is a ***** and a half I ended up paying $100 AU on a belt that cst $30 US so that was around $45 -$50 AU for the service! a money rder would have been less that $5 Au

shoegalalabama said:
I've got a few things for sell on ebay and I put that i only accept paypal. Someone just emailed me asking if I accept money orders. What exactly are they? And should I accept them? Are they safe? How do they work? I asked my boyfriend but he doesn't know so I thought all you ladies will be able to help me out.
Thanks in advance!!!!

you can get them at 7-11. But the best place is the post office. if it gets lost, you will be given a numbered reciept so you will be ok.