What does "paperwork" mean re: Burberry?

Bagginses

Designer Bag Virgin
Sep 27, 2007
Hi, I'm a fairly new Purse Forum member, and a brand new Ebay bags seller. I listed a Burberry bag a couple of days ago, and I've had a question from a potential buyer about whether or not the bag comes with "paperwork."

Help! I don't know what that means! I bought this at a Burberry store and in my auction photos, I clearly showed the original tags (still attached with the little black "Burberry" fob on the black string) plus the dustbag and the inside tag. There were no other "papers" that came with this purse.

I'm sure the buyer just wants to be reassured that this is authentic, and I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. Can someone please instruct me?

Here are the pictures I used:

102_2360.jpg

102_2361.jpg

102_2362.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Nancy

Not a Burberry expert, but I don't think Burberry comes with authenticity cards? (Bagginses, you might want to ask this in Burberry forum).

If you are not sure, you can ask the buyer for specific documentation she is referring to. Buyer may not be super familiar with Burberry and may be asking for "paperwork" that she has seen on other auctions (for other brands)

Usually, for other brands, it would refer to an authenticity card, care booklets, and a receipt.

paperwork means authenticity cards, tags, care cards. I really don't understand why people don't get that these things easily copied! I mean I have seen LV's that come with authenticity cards!

I've never seen a Burberry bag with plastic on the handles like that. Where did you get it? You should contact the store and ask about the authenticity cards, etc.

I've never seen a Burberry bag with plastic on the handles like that. Where did you get it? You should contact the store and ask about the authenticity cards, etc.

I'm with Lulilu - I've also never seen a Burberry with plastic on the handles (or any designer bag wrapped in that way). Maybe you should check this out with the store you bought it from before you sell it on eBay. It would be horrible for you if you ended up unwittingly selling something you thought was authentic that turned out to be a fake.
By paperwork the prospective buyer is asking for the original receipt, care cards, tags etc. If you don't want to part with the original receipt you could always photograph it and email it to her and offer to send her a photocopy if she wins the bag ( although I usually send original receipts to my buyers as photocopies aren't always acceptable). Hope that helps.

I bought this at the Burberry Outlet in Indiana and never imagined that there wouldn't be authentic Burberry there! I bought several bags on the same trip, so I can't give up the original receipt, but I could do photocopies. A lot of their bags were helter-skelter on the shelves and were missing cards. Heck, I had to scrounge for dustbags, and I still don't have one for every bag.

Also, I just looked through the other bags I bought and only one has a plastic credit-card type card in it with the Burberry logo on one side and info on the other. I assume that's the authenticity card. I'll call the store and ask about the plastic on the handles, though.

Would a Burberry Outlet sell fakes? They have a no-return policy, but if they aren't authentic Burberry, I'd think I have a case for a return.

Thanks for all the replies and help,
Nancy

Okay, the woman on the phone at the Burberry Outlet said all their bags are authentic. She said most of the bags they sell are missing the "authenticity card" because they've fallen out or customers take them. It's an outlet -- you don't get all the perks.

Regarding the plastic on the handles, she said that's how they ship. They were so busy last week that they just didn't take the plastic off before putting them out on the tables.

Are there any other ways I can reassure my customers that this is authentic Burberry?

~Nancy

I would mention in your listing that the items came from an outlet and the location, and be sure to indicate that the items were missing the cards when purchased. I would also indicate that a copy of the original receipt can be provided upon request.

I know that I've stated these things before and have been fine. I at times can't find the care cards and/or know that my outlet purchases did not include them, but I have receipts showing the bag and date of purchase.

Hope that helps.