What does Mulberry's one year warranty cover?.

Agree, the lock plate is meant to look like that but if you don't love it you could try exchanging it I suppose or sell it on? Is it a Ledbury? I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem selling it. NVT isn't for everyone, I know I thought that was what I wanted but when I tried it I wasn't keen.

Just a quick shot of the leather on 4 of my bags, first two are Bryn and Bayswater both in oak NVT, there is huge natural variation in the leather. Also included a pic of the lock plate on my bays, I've barely used my bays, the lock looks the same as when I got it.

4th pick is my Mitzy in eggplant, it is in pebbled leather and is fabulous. She is a proper workhorse, the leather is bombproof!

5th is my Daria in pheasant green, the leather is soft spongy and while the leather is not as hard wearing as Mitzy it is equally fabulous. It's a very even, deeply saturated colour. Not everyone is a fan of soft spongy as it's not as robust as NVT but I've used my Daria a lot and it still looks great.

Sorry for the long ramble! Hope this was vaguely helpful. There is a mulberry out there to suit you. I'm sure we can help you find it :smile:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409480941.625944.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409480961.579415.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409480978.820747.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409481001.990994.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409481018.376069.jpg

I got busy last night. The lock-plate had lots of tiny scratches...Not sure if it happened during delivery as it never came with a plastic on..and was delivered in a plastic bag.

I can't see any scratches but agree with gunsandbangoes that this is what the lock plates look like. I'm inclined to think you have maybe bought the wrong bag for your expectations in terms of leather and hardware. When you're in the UK go to the Bond St store and have a really good look at all the different types of leather you can get and maybe move yours on if you really don't like her. There is a leather for everyone but it does take a lot of looking to find the right one and I also agree that the m.com isn't good t really show casing what the leather looks like. The feel of leather is important to me too, so enjoy a good shop, pick everything up, smell it hold it, model it, really see what feels right for you.

I have to shop for a long while before I make any purchase at full price to make sure it's love and not an expensive mistake.

I really hope you can fall in love with her as she's a gorgeous bag and not one I own, but that said I do have nvt in other pieces and I love them all because they feel different to other bags I own. I hope my ramble helps ;)

Just a quick shot of the leather on 4 of my bags, first two are Bryn and Bayswater both in oak NVT, there is huge natural variation in the leather. Also included a pic of the lock plate on my bays, I've barely used my bays, the lock looks the same as when I got it.

4th pick is my Mitzy in eggplant, it is in pebbled leather and is fabulous. She is a proper workhorse, the leather is bombproof!

5th is my Daria in pheasant green, the leather is soft spongy and while the leather is not as hard wearing as Mitzy it is equally fabulous. It's a very even, deeply saturated colour. Not everyone is a fan of soft spongy as it's not as robust as NVT but I've used my Daria a lot and it still looks great.

Sorry for the long ramble! Hope this was vaguely helpful. There is a mulberry out there to suit you. I'm sure we can help you find it :smile:

View attachment 2736029View attachment 2736030View attachment 2736031View attachment 2736032View attachment 2736033

Love your egg plant Mitzy .. I so want one of them!!

View attachment 2736029View attachment 2736030View attachment 2736031View attachment 2736032View attachment 2736033

Thanks guns, great idea and the Bryn NVT wasn't what I was expecting, much better than I thought, just goes to show

Smooth matt leather

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409481856.986189.jpg

Choc SBS NVT

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409481888.786578.jpg

Spongy Daria

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409481948.647893.jpg

Spongey pebbled effie

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409482037.433959.jpg

Shiny grain Bryn

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409482067.300635.jpg

Smooth Taylor..... Shows lots of marks

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409482164.445680.jpg

Darwin leather

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409482212.592180.jpg

Grainy print, very uniformed in appearance

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409482276.248877.jpg

Shrunken calf with nickel hardware on my small Bayswater buckle.

87ec566435256eb36e410bc42d4e5981_zpsb48b9c35.jpg

Wow. Thank you for the effort you're putting in to help here. Like said, I'm new to Mulberry and will need to explore a lot more. I want to like Mulberry as I'm looking to try out different designer brands. I have LVs, a Chanel, some contemporary designers and some more not branded handcrafted leather bags; but I'm pretty sure this is my first NVT.

I can't see any scratches but agree with gunsandbangoes that this is what the lock plates look like. I'm inclined to think you have maybe bought the wrong bag for your expectations in terms of leather and hardware. When you're in the UK go to the Bond St store and have a really good look at all the different types of leather you can get and maybe move yours on if you really don't like her. There is a leather for everyone but it does take a lot of looking to find the right one and I also agree that the m.com isn't good t really show casing what the leather looks like. The feel of leather is important to me too, so enjoy a good shop, pick everything up, smell it hold it, model it, really see what feels right for you.

I have to shop for a long while before I make any purchase at full price to make sure it's love and not an expensive mistake.

I really hope you can fall in love with her as she's a gorgeous bag and not one I own, but that said I do have nvt in other pieces and I love them all because they feel different to other bags I own. I hope my ramble helps ;)
Yes, Mulberry will definitely be on my visit list. And a lesson learned here is to never buy a purse without seeing it in person. :smile:

Thanks guns, great idea and the Bryn NVT wasn't what I was expecting, much better than I thought, just goes to show

Smooth matt leather

View attachment 2736035

Choc SBS NVT

View attachment 2736036

Spongy Daria

View attachment 2736037

Spongey pebbled effie

View attachment 2736038

Shiny grain Bryn

View attachment 2736039

Smooth Taylor..... Shows lots of marks

View attachment 2736040

Darwin leather

View attachment 2736041

Grainy print, very uniformed in appearance

View attachment 2736042
Lovely collection..and thank you!

Yes, Mulberry will definitely be on my visit list. And a lesson learned here is to never buy a purse without seeing it in person. :smile:

I had the pick of 4-5 Daria's and each hide was slightly different

Forgot this one, it was a SBS NVT in oak that went back because I didn't like the marks on the front

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409484169.550196.jpg

Other than that the hide was neat perfect

Also large grain nappa.... Went back as thought it was a by dry and it had a scratch on it and some dodgy stitching

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409484259.135437.jpg