What do you use to organize your makeup?

WOW!!! I love it my Grandma had a vanity that looked just like that. It is a beautiful piece of furniture to display your nice collection of make up & such. :smile:
Thank you so much:smile: I did actually inherited this to my grandma she gave me the whole set the vanity,dresser,and night stand and they are in excellent condition,I take good care of it since It's very sentimental:smile: Btw...I post my room It's in the Home and Garden thread you will see all the furniture:smile:

Last edited:
Wow, that's beautiful! Why would a machinist need a built-in safety mirror? :confused1:

Thank you! I love mine, although I do one day want a "real" antique Gerstner. I've had this one for 3+ years and I can honestly say it has held up beautifully.

Re: the mirror. Quite simply, for guys to look at themselves. Seriously! It would normally be about face-level, on a work bench or on a riser (smaller toolbox underneath). The top portion is popular for personal items like a comb or whatever. Shop guys need to look good, too. :biggrin:

Last edited:
View attachment 1907149

Bought this acrylic box from Ebay. It was around $170 but worth every penny. I can clearly see all my makeup. Different height drawers, some with adjustable/optional dividers.

All the acrylic storage cups on the top shelf I bought from the container store for about $3-6. They all came with lids and served different purposes (such as holding cotton balls an swabs, toothbrushes) but I just tossed the lids.

Round cup for eye pencils, round cup for brushes, round cup for mascaras, square cup for nail tools, and there is a long rectangular one in the back with 4 compartments I used for my tall lipglosses as lip pencils.

Hope this inspires you.
Wow! No offense but that is so expensive! It's just acrylic material and the brand muji has the same storage boxes for a lot less money!

I love thinking about this, and I tend to obsess about it.

The Container store has amazing acrylic drawer sets that are perfect for storing all makeup in a visible way. You could get several of these and they also keep your mu tidy and dustless.

I also like big round and short glass vases or square ones (available at Michael's or any similar place).
You can store lipsticks in them, upside down for easy shade visibility.

I love round spice tables (avail. at BedBath and Beyond) for storing nail polish- you can arrange them by color and whiz it around when you want to get inspired for colors to do your mani's.

I also admit I'm a sucker for the makeup planner (like Trish Mcevoy) to keep things organized, but you do have to be committed to that line or similar (unless you want to depot stuff).

I just moved cross country and left my vanity and organizers behind, so I'm trying to work out new storage solutions right now. Browsing this thread has been great inspiration!

I'm thinking about grabbing one of these train cases from eBay to hold me over (they look like they might be the same as the Sephora cases, which are double the price): http://www.ebay.com/itm/141017989684

I finally got a makeup vanity! I'd been storing everything in Muji containers on my bathroom counter, which worked fine until it got so cluttered that it just wasn't functional anymore. So I raided Ikea and The Container Store and put this together. I'm so happy with how it turned out! :smile:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394080922.661537.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394081170.324753.jpg