What do you think?

Do you like the style?

• Yes it's nice

• No, it's dated

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gorgeous bag. Mulberry of a few years ago (2005/06 I think) at their very best. Very very nice practically indestructible leather (thick), not a smoochy style, quite structured, comfortable to carry (no slippage due to single strap), handy pockets for mobile phone (probably too small for todays i-phones though). The bag that followed this was the Keira I think where the front pockets became ties rather than buckles.

I would be a little anxious about two things colour transfer and with the top being so open maybe a little too easy access to the contents but its unusual and sturdy if you like it maybe its worth a little test run?

hence my question.. :cool:

The leather looks gorgeous, but I'm not keen on that open top - there's not even a popper closure, just the one strap going all around it. I'd worry about losing things out of the top - either by them falling out or being pinched! Also, I can see that colour getting marked very easily and the pockets do look very small. All that aside, if you like it - go for it! ;)

Last edited:
Well you wouldn't see anyone else with one so if you like to be different then go for it. Also if you are worried about the bag not having a ziptop use a bag liner that has a zipped pocket that fits a purse.

Just had a wee peek. It looks lovely and obviously is like new. I bet the leather is just beautiful, smells divine, has nice detail and I am a big fan of the antique brass HW, but the only thing I would be reluctant about is how secure it is. I don't ever carry open totes around town because I would worry too much. Depends how you want to use it. If its to take in and out of work or around to a friends house etc then I say go for it...like I've said I bet it is really beautiful IRL...how Mulberry used to be!

Not my style( because of the open top) but that doesnt mean it wont suit you.
It could be a fab summer bag.
Different bags suit diffferent people.
The leather looks lush and i think it will look fab on you,
go for it if u really want it. xxxxxxx

Thank you everyone who made an input. I showed it to my man and he said it looked 'a bit wild west'. I'm not sure if that's good or bad!

Regarding the open top, not a problem, I live in a small village and go everywhere in the car. If I do walk it's not likely to be in crowds and I wouldn't take this to work as I have my bays for that.

I really like the colour and style but think it may be dated. Ten other people think so too so far..

:shrugs::wondering

I love it.

Wouldn't worry too much about the colour - Antique Glace is a great leather (like Darwin but with a tougher finish) and I think it'd be less susceptible to colour transfer than other cream leathers.

Wouldn't worry too much about security (although raindrops are pretty good about getting into open-topped bags!)

Wouldn't worry too much about what my man thought - mine doesn't notice new bags anyway so I tend to keep him in the dark.

The only thing that worries me ('cos I'm shallow like that) is the lack of a Mulberry badge on the outside :lol:

Go for it - it's beautiful and stylish and might not be up-to-the-minute but won't get any more dated, if you see what I mean?

(ps while looking at Naughtipidgin's website to check out the Gerlinda, I might just have bought something myself..........:love:)

Last edited:
Thank you everyone who made an input. I showed it to my man and he said it looked 'a bit wild west'. I'm not sure if that's good or bad!

Regarding the open top, not a problem, I live in a small village and go everywhere in the car. If I do walk it's not likely to be in crowds and I wouldn't take this to work as I have my bays for that.

I really like the colour and style but think it may be dated. Ten other people think so too so far..

:shrugs::wondering

"Wild west" is a good analogy, tbh - and a nice description! I'd be happy with that!! :smile: As regards my DH, my personal view is to ask his advice and then ignore it! Effectively, if I love a bag myself, I'll carry it happily. If everyone else likes it and I don't, I won't enjoy carrying it and I might as well have saved my money.

In summary, if you like her, buy her! You won't see another and she's a beautiful specimen in gorgeous leather. You won't have a problem with the open top and she'll be a fab bag for summer. As for her being dated - doesn't everything go through the "on trend, dated, vintage" cycle at some point?! Wish I'd kept my 80's stuff for that reason (and my 80's figure to fit in them!!)

Don't forget that you can return her if you're not happy. ;)

Let us know what you decide!! :biggrin:

I love it.

Wouldn't worry too much about the colour - Antique Glace is a great leather (like Darwin but with a tougher finish) and I think it'd be less susceptible to colour transfer than other cream leathers.

Wouldn't worry too much about security (although raindrops are pretty good about getting into open-topped bags!)

Wouldn't worry too much about what my man thought - mine doesn't notice new bags anyway so I tend to keep him in the dark.

The only thing that worries me ('cos I'm shallow like that) is the lack of a Mulberry badge on the outside :lol:

Go for it - it's beautiful and stylish and might not be up-to-the-minute but won't get any more dated, if you see what I mean?

(ps while looking at Naughtipidgen's website to check out the Gerlinda, I might just have bought something myself..........:love:)

Oooh, Plemont - that sofa has a very bouncy seat! I knew you'd get hurtled towards a shop door (albeit virtual) before long and NP is a minefield for getting sucked in!! Can't wait to see what you've bought! :roflmfao: