What do you think of White Bags?

I love the new Marc Jacobs perforated bag, it is very cute and big enough to actually carry stuff in. Reminds me of a larger LV Speedy 30, but with a fresh style. You can get a treatment product for white leather bags at WilsonLeather.com, and if you apply it every 2-3 months your bag should stay in good shape if you are careful with it. I would not do any white canvas or suede because they just cannot be adequately cleaned, but I think you are okay with leather. I just received my white Furla Farrah, and I plan to use it quite a bit this spring.

IMO nothing beats a bright white bag for summer! I think it is worth the investment to buy a quality leather bag in white. IMO less expensive bags in darker colors look okay but in white they usually look cheap. I just bought a white Balenciaga Twiggy and plan on using it all summer long!

Hi Inky Paws, I love your bag but I hold a lot of stuff in my bag as well. Can it hold a wallet, cell phone, makeup bag, keys, small brush and a credit card holder? If it can't handle that then I guess it's not good for me either.

Also, I was reading on another forum that someone said the the Botkier was a wannabe Balenciaga. I really don't agree w/that at all - what do you guys think?

KK said:
I do like white bags, I had only one or was it two in my whole life. Both didn't last long before they get dirty and old that no matter what I do, can't seem to revive it. I took care of them, I've got balm, I've got cleaner, you name it. They are just too hard to maintain.

I agree, I only own two....and it took forever to pick them out. The first is Tod's Carey Sacca and the second is Coach's Hobo bag from a couple years ago.

Attachments

• (34) Tod's Carey Sacca, Large - 1100.JPG
    (34) Tod's Carey Sacca, Large - 1100.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 31
  • (40) Coach Soho Leather Hobo, Large - 398.JPG
    (40) Coach Soho Leather Hobo, Large - 398.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 28
Just don't wear dark denim when you carry your white bag-- the color transfer risk is VERY high. I recommend a white bag with white or camel pants. Pair with some nice gold or silver hoop earrings and a loose silk blouse and you've got a cute look : )

I love white bags too ... it is a very classy and fresh look during the summer. The only problem is that I would never be able to keep the bag clean, my kids are always grabbing my bags.

I prefer off-white to stark white.

And the only ones I really like are the white muse and the Chloe Paddington..not the blanc,but the craie/bone/etc

I would never own one though...just not me.

White bags are adorable, but I am overly worried about getting them dirty. I heard dark jeans (even the best designer ones) may transfer colors onto bags. If I ever get a white bag, I will never wear it with jeans!