What do you think of White Bags?

Lola

O.G.
Jan 11, 2006
I saw the Pearl Botkier at a store called Plaza Too on sale for $300. Maybe if you call them they can ship it to you? Here is the phone #:
203 618 1023 (The store is in Greenwich, CT)

jane

since '05
O.G.
Sep 28, 2005
the Pacific Northwest
I have the metallic pearl white Botkier trigger. It's lovely and almost a silvery-taupe color. The fact that it isn't snow white makes it match a little better, and hopefuly will help it look good longer.

talveira

Chanel Bag Lady
O.G.
Jan 24, 2006
New York
I am starting to think that I should not go for a stark white due to the fact of how hard it is to care for so do we think the Pearl Botkier is a good bag or do you guys have any other suggestions in the pearl white bag category. BTW, I value all your opinions and help with this decision

Sweetea

O.G.
Dec 20, 2005
Texas
Hmm I know how you feel.

IMO choose the bag that doesn't cost too expensive due to all the risks so if you spoil or ruin it or the white bag turns colour or something you won't be too disappointed. But it really depends on your budget too. If you can afford to buy more expensive bag, get chanel (but not the lambskin) or LV Suhali in white as an investment cause they stay classic and will last forever and you can wear it year after year without having to worry about the style being outdated.

I like the strak white on Fendy Spy bag or hobo because if the strak white give such a contrass on the leather and the handle. So again when I have to choose between the strak white and creamier white it depends on the style and how the bag looks on me. I know it easier to say than done..good luck on your decision!!:biggrin:

DRLISA

Oct 22, 2005
I love white bags, and have a few of them...my latest is a beautiful pebbled leather Rafe satchel...thats the key to getting a white bag...is getting one in a pebbled leather....I wear it to death and it doesnt really get dirty, and any marks come off easily with leather cleaner....hope this helps!!!!

talveira

Chanel Bag Lady
O.G.
Jan 24, 2006
New York
Lola, the Botkier that you saw was the pearl a nice color and did it look roomy enough? It wasn't a goldish color was it? I've only seen it online can't find that color in a store.

talveira

Chanel Bag Lady
O.G.
Jan 24, 2006
New York
I also agree w/Sweetea about buying a less expensive bag because of the color. I would only make an investment in a color I could wear all year long like black, brown or tan because then I would get a lot of use out of it. I definitely don't want to spend a lot on a white bag especially because sometimes white just doesn't thrill me anymore.

jane

since '05
O.G.
Sep 28, 2005
the Pacific Northwest
My Botkier has a lot of room -- three compartments. Today it's carrying my gloves, Palm device, a magazine, clutch wallet, keys, phone, iPod, small cosmetics bag, and my bus pass and office ID badge. With room to spare.

Because it's leather it is a little heavier, but stil not the monster my Marc Jacobs was.

Becca4277

www.petfinder.com
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
Upstate NY; too far from NYC :-(
As you can see <----- I am in love with this MJ bag. I am seriously thinking of begging for it for my birthday.

If this bag is unattainable for me, I will look for another white bag. I just think it is nice to have one in your collection.

Inky Paws

Oct 19, 2005
The Botkier inpearl is awesome as it covers both trends of metalic and of white. It is not a stark white more of an eggshell with a luster not really a true metalic. Below are some pictures of mine that I got from eluxery. It is a large bag but doesn't hold as much for it's size compared to a batignolles which looks like the same size. It must be because being a hobo it is very thin, but then agian I like a giganticly huge bag I can carry everything but the kitchen sink in. Hope that helps.

Attachments

vanilla_addict

and a chocoholic!
O.G.
Jan 27, 2006
Riyadh
i love white bags!! i dont own one yet!! but surely thats a near future project!! i think the color is just increadable.. and if you mean by "stark" so so white.. then thats my choice..!! and i really dont matter the fact that'll get dirty as long as i choose leather not suede!!
oh my God i am dreaming about this MJ..:love:

Attachments