What do you think of this bangle and mixing jewellery?

I am thinking of hinting to my boyfriend to get me this bangle for christmas. I showed it to my sister and she said it looked too mature for me. I am 22. What do you think of it? I recently got a boyfriend style two tone (gold and silver) crystaled watch. It was my first two tone purchase and I love it. I plan on mixing the bangle with other bangles, like silver, etc. I like the two tone so I can always match the hardware on my bag.

I couldn't find a better link, but it is the pave heart hinged bangle, it is in the fourth row.
http://www.coach.com/online/handbag...-38454-en?t1Id=38451&t2Id=38454&tier=2&LOC=LN

Do you match your jewellery to your bags hardware? Or do you match all of your jewellery and accessories?

Hi madisonlindsey! I worked in the luxury watch and jewelry industry for 3 years, plus I'm a 20-something too, so I think I'm reasonably qualified to give you advice. That advice is simple: Wear whatever jewelry resonates with you! If you love that bangle, and it's something that your boyfriend can afford, then you have free reign to request it.

Having seen the picture, I don't think this piece is "too old" for you at all. That said, your sister might be trying to indicate that a narrower bangle, when worn alone, doesn't have the same visual impact as a bolder, "fashionable" bangle that's three inches wide. However, if you're planning to stack multiple bangles together as you indicated, then you're still arriving at a "fashionable" destination by way of several pieces. In that case by all means have fun with mixing metals; Google for Tiffany Celebration Rings, and you'll see what I mean.

Personally speaking, I never remove my white-gold undergrad class ring, even when the rest of my jewelry might be yellow gold one day. I also don't abide by the belief that your jewelry must match your handbag; that judgement call should be made on a case-by-case basis considering the outfit, bag, occasion, etc.

If you do end up owning that bracelet, be considerate of how you wear it. I'm not deeply familiar with the quality of Coach jewelry, but the crystals aren't prong set. Smack it on the cooler lid while you're camping, or on the car door while grocery shopping, and you might lose a crystal. Also, if you're wearing plated gold pieces continuously against other metals, be aware that over time that the softer gold might be abraded off, and I have no idea if Coach will re-plate pieces.

I don't say that to scare you away from this bangle, but rather to ensure you make an informed decision. Ultimately if you go with your instincts, you'll find yourself satisifed with how your personal style evolves, even if it digresses from your sister. Good luck! ;)

Honestly, I don't know what your sister is talking about. I think that bangle is totally appropriate for your age. I think that all Coach jewelry is aimed at a young market. The heart makes it especially young and whimsical. I think that it is very cute. I have a daughter your age and I would buy that for her. I don't know if I could pull it off at my age, but then, I am at the age where I wear what I like and forget what people say.
I don't believe in exact matching. I've noticed that a lot of the hardware on my latest Coach bags is kind of a pewter color, so it doesn't match silver or gold jewelry. Plus my wedding ring is gold, so I end up mixing metals anyway. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to wear anything but gold.
I think that style is more interesting and personal when you mix things from different collections that work well together. I use this in my decorating too. I won't buy a matching set. I will get a couch one place and find a coordinating chair at another place and a rug at a different place. The look I get is unique and an expression of my style.
The two-tone watch is a great way to free yourself from having to make everything match. Just get what you like and what makes you happy. You only have to please yourself. I have a big collection of bangles that all came from different places and are made of different metals. I think they look good together.

I am thinking of hinting to my boyfriend to get me this bangle for christmas. I showed it to my sister and she said it looked too mature for me. I am 22. What do you think of it? I recently got a boyfriend style two tone (gold and silver) crystaled watch. It was my first two tone purchase and I love it. I plan on mixing the bangle with other bangles, like silver, etc. I like the two tone so I can always match the hardware on my bag.

I couldn't find a better link, but it is the pave heart hinged bangle, it is in the fourth row.
http://www.coach.com/online/handbag...-38454-en?t1Id=38451&t2Id=38454&tier=2&LOC=LN

Do you match your jewellery to your bags hardware? Or do you match all of your jewellery and accessories?

I think that bangle is totally age-appropriate, and if you love it, go for it. Definitely a piece you can mix with others....

I wear a two-tone diamond watch every day - along with a two-tone braided bangle next to it. Then, I just wear whatever I want with it!

I think that bangle is adorable, and I don't think it's too mature for you at all. I think that's a piece that can be worn at any age, really.

I don't really try to match my jewelry to the hardware on my bag. I used to be all matchy-matchy with stuff like that, but I've gotten over it now. Also, going along with what Lacey_Stiletto said...if you've got a piece of two-tone jewelry, that's a great way to open the door for mixing metals. Or just wear a few different metal tones of bangles together.

I say if YOU love it, get it!

I try to match my watch (and jewelry if I'm wearing any) to my bag hardware, but occasionally, depending on the outfit, I might not. I'd say 9 times out of 10 I match. BTW I don't think that bangle is inappropriate for you at all....don't know why someone would say that.

I don't think the bracelet is not age appropriate at all. If you do get it...Some ladies have mentioned that they take clear nail polish and cover Coach Pave items with it. I've also had two Coach S.A.'s suggest that too when I have purchased Pave items.