What do you think of this bag?

My opinion is that it's a good looking bag. Understated. I like this new suede and leather combo that I'm seeing around. It lends interest and texture, and this bag, which is classic in a retro way, really benefits from the two textures. Not so sure about the suede in the summer. You'd have to try and see if it's working for you. It's a very pretty bag.

my opinion is that it's a good looking bag. Understated. I like this new suede and leather combo that i'm seeing around. It lends interest and texture, and this bag, which is classic in a retro way, really benefits from the two textures. Not so sure about the suede in the summer. You'd have to try and see if it's working for you. It's a very pretty bag.

+1

Thanks everyone! I'll have to think about it a bit more.

I wanted a simple small black flap bag that would go with silver jewelry. I loved the Saint Laurent SDJ that I tried on in black leather with suede sides, but it was $3K.

I should probably grab this one, and keep looking for small black leather bags with silver hardware that I like. These are the easiest bags for me to use. My little coach bleecker duffle in black is getting tons of use. This petra would be a little more formal, which is what I need, but not as fancy as my studded penny purse.

Here are my black bags that have silver or dark hardware:

image.jpg

The first woven wristlet is too small for my sunglasses, so I don't use it much. It's more of a clutch anyway. The drawstring is a fabric monogram bag. The last one, the duffle works for almost everything but sometimes feels a little casual.

I guess I do have room for a more versatile flap bag. :smile:

The Petra would be a great addition to your current line of black handbags. It has a minimalist look to it (also formal, classic, retro)... a lot depends on your wardrobe. If you are minimalist, it is perfect. I like the back slip compartment, looks large enough for an iPad.

I like it.
I see you have some other Coach bags. Have you considered an older Coach Court in black? Easy to find on ebay and the leather is so nice on the older ones. (I know used bags aren't for everyone though)

I like it.
I see you have some other Coach bags. Have you considered an older Coach Court in black? Easy to find on ebay and the leather is so nice on the older ones. (I know used bags aren't for everyone though)

I did consider the Coach Court bag!

I already have 2 ramblers legacy bags (a similar style) in other colors, so I decided not to get the court bag. I believe the Coach web site had it with silver hardware too at one time. Usually the classic bags have brass hardware.

I found another one I liked. A Burberry saddle bag:

http://us.burberry.com/small-grainy-leather-crossbody-bag-p39503371

This one is more casual but I like the shape better. It probably duplicates the duffle niche, but that is the bag I use most.

Sometimes the petra seems too square to me (literally, like I would want softer corners).

What do you think of the Burberry? It has silver hardware! :smile:

Do these black leather Burberrys ever go on sale?

I don't have a saddle bag yet.

I think you will get bored of Petra as it's really simple. The Burberry bag is nicer. There are other flap styles around with silver hardware. I really like the McQueen Padlock Satchel.

The ever lane bag is pretty but if you get caught in the rain having the suede on top might not be great. . The burberry one is great and a bit edgy which I love but if you are looking for something dressy then I'm not sure it would always work. If it is to be worn as an everyday bag then I think it is perfect.

I found another one I liked. A Burberry saddle bag:

http://us.burberry.com/small-grainy-leather-crossbody-bag-p39503371

This one is more casual but I like the shape better. It probably duplicates the duffle niche, but that is the bag I use most.

Sometimes the petra seems too square to me (literally, like I would want softer corners).

What do you think of the Burberry? It has silver hardware! :smile:

Do these black leather Burberrys ever go on sale?

I don't have a saddle bag yet.

I love the burberry!

Thanks everyone!

I'm concerned that the burberry may look a little like a men's travel kit bag, but I love the mod shot with the zipper pulls at the bottom. The last time I was in the store, they had the eyelet version, so I may see if I can figure out if I like it from that bag.