What do you think of the resissue 228 size?

KDB

Luv 2 Shop!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
I want to get a navy reissue. I have access to a 228...what do you experts think of this size. Is it cute or really big.

By the way I am about 5'3" and I am currently using the Expandable tote. My other larger Chanels are the brown lambskin hybrid and the baby coco cabas (to give you an idea of what I am comfortable carrying)

Or should I hold out for a 227?

TIA!!:smile:

I have a 226--which I use as an evening bag, and a 228, which is a completely different bag. It's a day size, and it holds a LOT!

If you want a large, practical and gorgeous day bag, the 228 is great! I think it just depends what you're looking for.

I LOVE big bags, but the navy 228 was just too much for me (I had the opportunity to 'try' it at the NM trunk show). I guess it's the shape plus all the metallic that didn't suit me in such a large size (I am 5'7").

I don't like the 228 because IMO it looks to much like a briefcase on a chain. I prefer the 227 but if you really love it go for the 228 because you're the one who has to love it. :smile:

I love the 228! But I'm 5'6", big-boned (sz 14) so I like having a weighty bag. A 226 is an evening bag to me and I'm slowing changing my collection to 227/228 or jumbos. XL jumbo in vintage.

which navy reissue 288? navy patent or navy metallic?

I love the 228:heart: because it's such an edgy bag and also the hardware are slightly different:the holes where the chains come through are oval ,the chain is wider and flatter and the lock is bigger too plus it holds a tone! I use mine both day and night all year round!:yes:
I fell for the 228 dk navy metallic as soon as I saw pics posted although I don't know if my local b will bring it in this size :sweatdrop:but since I've already have a black 228 I can do with a 227 instead I guess! I'd say go for it it's definitely a bag that makes a statement!
here are some enabling pics of the new 228 dk navy and my black 228 g/h!;)
attachment.php

Saw the metallic navy 228 at NM BH trunk show ...it is gorgeous and has a presence because it has more depth!! NM didn't order that color but I'm hoping I can find 228 in both metallic purple and navy!