What do you think of the bags that are now nappa leather instead of nappa umbria?

I thought the nappa umbria was stiffer; at least my New Pyramid (which I no longer own) was. It never really softened up though I carried it regularly for awhile. I prefer plain old Nappa.

The difference between the two leather Nappa Umbria (NU) and Regular Nappa (RN) from my observations are:

1. NU is stiffer
2. NU is matte while the RN has a slight sheen to it.
3. NU weaves has slight color variations/uneven colors. RN color is uniform throughtout the bag.

I liked nappa umbria. I love the feel and the uneven color.
Yes, it doesn't turn smooshy as much. But for the sloane, it worked. I saw the Sloane in regular nappa in Sapphire and I thought it was a mess. I don't know how to explain. It doesn't hold it's shape and while most "puddles" after some use, this just doesn't "puddle" as nicely.

Nappa Umbria is clearly more matte than Regular nappa bags..Nappa Umbria clearly had/has color shadings or variations in tone in one bag..I recently gave up the most beautiful Nappa umbria Sloane..It slouched tremendously, and it was yummy and soft to the touch, but it had absolutely no sheen..The newer variations of the bag in nappa are "hard" to the touch; they almost look "painted" to me..In fact for the most part I find almost all new BV's in nappa hard to the touch; they are almost a different product than even 5 years ago.. I do not know if this is a deliberate design or BV is cutting costs.. I find in choosing my new BV bags, that each bag is individual, and that there could be 5 of the same bag, but only 1 would have a slight sheen or softness..I myself am very particular in my choice of each bag..Some others may not feel that way..

the reason for the shading in nappa umbria is the way the treatment is done
they heat the leather then they beat it with glass rollers
that gives it that light dark effect

I loved nappa umbria and the color Ferro shame they did away with it