What do you think of Steve Madden handbags?

luralee

Changes mind always!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
This is Kylie in Violet (looks navy to me). Does anyone have a Steve Madden? I usually buy Coach or Brahmin, but I am looking for a navy bag that I can wear on my shoulder (drop is 9-1/2"). It's $268 on nordstroms.com. What do you think of this? Does anyone know anything about the quality of Steve Madden? Thanks!
_5720056.jpg

there are a lot of super cute navy bags that don't cost much more than that...for example, you can get navy rebecca minkoffs on sale or on ebay for not much more, and i'm sure the quality is better. i could be biased because i hate his shoes...they're almost never comfortable for me.

there are a lot of super cute navy bags that don't cost much more than that...for example, you can get navy rebecca minkoffs on sale or on ebay for not much more, and i'm sure the quality is better. i could be biased because i hate his shoes...they're almost never comfortable for me.

Wow, you really think I could get a navy luxe Nikki for just a little more? Tell me where, please!

Wow, you really think I could get a navy luxe Nikki for just a little more? Tell me where, please!

i'm not sure about a luxe nikki, but even though there is no navy nikki on ebay right now, there are many in the $300-$400+ range which after cashback would be only a bit higher than the SM bag. if you stalk ebay every day, i'm sure one in the color you want will pop up. also, lots of boutiques online that sell RM often have like 20% or 25% off coupon codes...even though many of them exclude RM now, some of them still count them....so i guess if it's not urgent, that would be the route i'd try before settling for a SM bag. :yes: that's just my 2 cents ;)

if you have a Steve Madden boutique by you, they usually carry the Steven bags. I know that my boutique marks down the leather bags like crazy (because I don't think people will usually spend that much when they can walk downstairs and get a Coach bag for the same price). I've seen them down to about $25-$50.

RM bags in the most coveted colors--Wine, Light Grey, Navy Luxe...--are usually listed at retail $600 or a few bucks under or over that. Minus the 25% cashback, it would still be way more than what you would pay for this bag. In addition, RM has been having a lot of quality issues in the construction of the bags--issues that RM is working on solving. IMO, if you're not sure about a bag, don't get it kuZ you won't be 100% happy with your purchase.