What do you think of perforated BV bags?

Aug 16, 2006
I've recently seen a large perforated Veneta in noce with leather ruffles at a consignment store. It was in good condition with a bit of wear to the corners. They charged $570. Do you think it was a good deal? Are perforated BVs really rare? I'm feeling a little bummed that I missed out on it, but then again I'm not really one to live with wear, and also the size might be too big on my 5'2" frame. What are your thoughts?

117sf0x.jpg

Do you think it's a fakie? :wtf: I just had a look and ioffer carries this style too!

Wow, never saw that before. I do know that BV makes a perforated leather because my DH has a briefcase in ebano perf leather. I would look at the logo and sewn in tag before buying.

that bag is the real deal, from 2005, and I believe that is the perforated medium VENETA, and it also came in LARGE.. there is a ruffle all around the edge of the bag instead of the traditional braiding..

Without the requisite pics of the namerprint, authenticity tag (front and back) and back of the zipper slide, I do not want to go out on a limb and say this particular bag is authentic, but yes this style was produced. I really love the look (I am a Veneta nut!), and was looking for one for myself in large black about a year ago... finally succumbed the the classic large nero veneta. So, since this style may have been counterfeited, please request the necessary information and post on the Authenticate this BV subforum, and then we can determine if this one is real.

With regard to size, I am small - very short - shorter than 5'2" - and I adore enormous handbags! It is a personal preference. I have only the large Venetas, and love the way they drape. Because they drape (like clothing) they do not look like I am carrying a piece of luggage.

Whenever I feel badly that I missed out on a great deal, another pops up. The search can be fun, too!

This is kinda cute ... but where did I read that perforating leather makes it dry out faster?? Might have been in a Chanel thread about their perforated styles..
I don't know about the science of this, I'm just saying .........

This is kinda cute ... but where did I read that perforating leather makes it dry out faster?? Might have been in a Chanel thread about their perforated styles..
I don't know about the science of this, I'm just saying .........

Could make sense... by perforating the leather, more surface area is exposed, so more drying could occur... I use an exotic leather conditioner on my exotics every 6 months or so just to keep them supple and protected. Maybe that would work here, too. Doloresmia suggested something... Cadillac conditioner...maybe she can weigh in again on this.

Could make sense... by perforating the leather, more surface area is exposed, so more drying could occur... I use an exotic leather conditioner on my exotics every 6 months or so just to keep them supple and protected. Maybe that would work here, too. Doloresmia suggested something... Cadillac conditioner...maybe she can weigh in again on this.

here you go! cadillac boot and shoe care is the brand that Bryan says they use in ala moana store. the most important thing is that the product is wax free. it works as a super moisturizer for the leather.

I've owned this before, large in Nero. I bought it from the BV boutique, so definitely not a fake.

I must say the perforated leather does not feel as luxurious as BV's regular leather. Kindly of plasticky like, and stiff too.

Also, when I had this bag, my boys hated it to the extent of saying "Mom, this bag is really very ugly". They never say that to my Veneta (medium) in regular leather!

Attachments

• BottegaVeneta1.JPG
    BottegaVeneta1.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 377
  • BottegaVeneta2.JPG
    BottegaVeneta2.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 438
I've owned this before, large in Nero. I bought it from the BV boutique, so definitely not a fake.

I must say the perforated leather does not feel as luxurious as BV's regular leather. Kindly of plasticky like, and stiff too.

Also, when I had this bag, my boys hated it to the extent of saying "Mom, this bag is really very ugly". They never say that to my Veneta (medium) in regular leather!

:lol:Gottra love their honesty! I think I saw a veneta at an outlet and also saw quite a few fakes at the bay. Not my cup of tea but I'm sure some would love it and wear it well.