~~~ What Do You Think Of LV Reveals ??? ~~~

How do you like your REVEALS?

• I like it SHORT and sweet!

• I DON'T like them at all!

• I skip it and come back later!

• I could care less ~ I have all the time in the world! lol!

Results are only viewable after voting.
What is the point of reveals? Be it short or long. IMO they are silly/stupid. Also, when people ask others to guess (and this goes on for several pages), is really childish and annoying.

Just show the bag.

Last edited:
If the picture of the actual bag isn't on the first page I give up and go to the next thread. The exception would be if it's got something in the title to indicate it's a unique bag, (Mahina, MC, Epi, or Vintage - I'd look through a lot of pages to see pre-loved or vintage).

What is the point of reveals? Be it short or long. IMO they are silly/stupid. Also, when people ask others to guess (and this goes on for several pages), is really childish and annoying.

Just show the bag.

The purpose of reveals? I may be wrong, but I think the purpose is that when you get a new LV you are so excited that you want to tell someone or show someone. For most people getting a new LV is not an every week, or even every month occurance. Most people (friends, sisters, Mom's) don't care or aren't interested in your new purse - or even worse think you're crazy. This leaves complete strangers on the internet (ie. tPF) to show your bag to.

Also, for those looking at the reveals & I'm one of them. It's nice to see close ups of the purses. The photos on the LV website are limited and small. It's also nice to see the purses in a reveal when the nearest LV boutique is a very long drive so you don't go often. And the LV website has no modeling pictures so you can get an idea of size.

I enjoy the reveals, just not the tease and delay of the slowwww reveals.

The purpose of reveals? I may be wrong, but I think the purpose is that when you get a new LV you are so excited that you want to tell someone or show someone. For most people getting a new LV is not an every week, or even every month occurance. Most people (friends, sisters, Mom's) don't care or aren't interested in your new purse - or even worse think you're crazy. This leaves complete strangers on the internet (ie. tPF) to show your bag to.

Also, for those looking at the reveals & I'm one of them. It's nice to see close ups of the purses. The photos on the LV website are limited and small. It's also nice to see the purses in a reveal when the nearest LV boutique is a very long drive so you don't go often. And the LV website has no modeling pictures so you can get an idea of size.

I agree with everything said here! It's nice to have people that are happy for you when you get a new bag.. someone to share the happiness and excitement with.

Just show the bag.

I think the point is that people are excited about new purchases and want to show other LV enthusiasts what they've bought.

I think it's pretty rude to call them stupid. No one's forced into opening reveal threads. I look at them because I like to see what others are buying, and I'm always happy for the people here when they get something new that they love/have wanted for a long time. If you'd rather not look at reveals, don't open them.

I am not calling the people doing the reveal stupid. I am saying the "reveal game" is stupid.

I also like reveals, but I would like people to just show the bag/wallet/shoe. We don't need to see the bag, then the box, then the tissue paper, then the dust bag, then a piece of the item peaking out, then another piece of the item peaking out, etc.

Just show your item, enough of the reveal games.

We all have our own personal preferences and that's it. Some like it short some like it longer and some don't like it at all. So I guess I just don't get it when people are complaining about reveals being too long, too short or too whatever... Just don't read them if you don't like them. That's how simple it is. But like I said, we are all different and we like different things. The world would be a boring place if we'd all think alike. So let people be different.

It's nice to share in other's excitement and joy when a new LV is purchased. They are special bags. I prefer reveals just to have one teaser picture, then the actual bag itself. It would be nice if modeling pics are always done, because those really help.

this is an interesting thread. I always try to make mine not too long, so that you can see the bag in the first page or at most the second page.... but i would have to squash someone's excitement at sharing their new bag;)

maybe I'm in the minority but I like the reveal game. What I don't like is when there are hours btwn postings. Post a pic, a few ppl respond, then nxt pic pls. Let's keep it moving...

maybe I'm in the minority but I like the reveal game. What I don't like is when there are hours btwn postings. Post a pic, a few ppl respond, then nxt pic pls. Let's keep it moving...

I agree with you. I like when people post 'teaser' pictures and allow others to guess what might be inside! It's all part of the fun.

But the hours between posts can be annoying, as you said. At the same time, I understand that people have lives outwith tPF. If someone needs to go and do something more important, obviously the reveal has to wait. A few people here seem to be taking things too seriously!