What do you think of Longchamp bags?

Don't WOOOORRRRYYY

nothing happened to the leather, i have a white one longchamp and it gets dirty very fast when you put it on the floor...

so i just tried to put it into the waching machine on a very low and gentle programm...

there's no difference on the leather handles...

crazy - i know (totally bag & tpf addicted), but i took pictures of my longchamp bag before putting it into the washing machine...to see the difference...it is completly clean now...so i took an After-picture...:graucho:

Attachments

• longchamp before.JPG
    longchamp before.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,315
  • longchamp after.JPG
    longchamp after.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,369
crazy - i know (totally bag & tpf addicted), but i took pictures of my longchamp bag before putting it into the washing machine...to see the difference...it is completly clean now...so i took an After-picture...:graucho:

oh!! wow!! :nuts:
alas my washing machine doesn't have that kind 'gentle' setting machine!! :s

Longchamp is durable but not in the same league as the Prada nylon/microfiber or even the Herve Chepalier totes. I do have a few and use them for travel and love that some can fold up. I also use their makeup/pencil pouch which I have had for years.

I disagree. I have a few from both Prada's(5) and Longchamp's(11) nylon lines. My Prada nylon separated(ripped) where the front and bottom corners meet. The Pliages line however(I have 2 valise, 1 "ext" tote, 1XL, 3L, 1M, 1S, 1 hobo, 1 sac-a-dos, 1 sac-a-dos XS, and a rolling suitcase with matching carry-on tote and dopp kit for my 10 yr-old daughter) has endured all my trips, including those European shopping sprees made possible by all those Les Pliages totes tucked into my Longchamp rolling luggages. My only problem is where to buy replacement adjustable straps that buckle onto the luggage. The airlines have lost mine, possibly while they searched the outer pockets where I tuck them into right before checking in said luggage!

Anyhow, the Pliage line is such a great buy. Longchamp isn't as flashy as other European bag makers, but they are very durable and popular among Europeans it seems.

I hand washed my white LC and the leather color bleed on to the white?????

I wonder if the washing machine will do a better job :confused1:

I guess I will try it out since I was going to give up on the bag anyways...

Where do you live? Maybe there's a reputable bag and shoe repair store in your area, ask your favorite handbag boutique for a recommendation. I swear by FACTOTUM in Laguna Beach. They've restored my dirty, dirty white kidskin Marc Jacobs stella to its brand-new likeness. Neiman's, Saks and Nordstrom's also send handbag repairs to them, as well as Bally's and Ferragamo.

Here's a pic of my Roseau backpack (I think that is the name of this line)... it's light, practical and stylish. And I love the glazed leather! I haven't used it in a long while, and I think I need to "stuff" it when I'm not using it - it's beginning to "fold" and have slight creases... I bought this used on eBay a few years ago...

Every now and then, my mind will wander and I'll think about getting a Roseau tote, maybe in camel (or is that color discontinued? I saw some on SmartBargains for a pretty good price about a year ago. It sold out by the time I decided to get it). I think I'll g$et one eventually. :graucho:

Attachments

• longchampRoseauBackpack.JPG
    longchampRoseauBackpack.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,139
I just got a black nylon tote with brown leather handles last month. I wanted a rainproof bag for winter. It's very roomy and I'm surprised at how much I really like it. It's incredibly functional!

I think Longchamp are fantastic! I have a few items from the pliage (nylon) line and they have lasted me a really long time. They also do fantastic silk scarves ala Hermes, of which I have one of the designs. More recently, I went to their sales and bought a leather portfolio for work. The quality of their workmanship is really amazing and the calf leather is of great quality.

I bought a large pliage with short handles last Tuesday in the Paris Longchamps on St Honore to protect my Kelly. It was only 68 euros and I now feel really confident about taking my Kelly out and about, knowing I can protect it from rain or if in a dodgy area, even in the car, it keeps it safe and protected. It's great for flying too, I would hate to tuck my Kelly under the seat or have it squashed overhead. The pliage folds down very neatly and fits easily inside the Kelly when it's not being used, it's very light too.

Attachments

• hermessalejan07_2.jpg
    hermessalejan07_2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,274