what do you think about toile Kelly?

witwit

O.G.
Dec 15, 2007
Need your opinion on this please! I've found 28 Toile kelly (1981) in gold box calf with GHW. Its price is around $2030 with good condition.

The thing is, in the past few months, I bought myself a 32 kelly in brique and many H goodies like bag charms, shawl, scarves! AND I've been waiting for my raisin birkin which I ordered through reseller and paid higher than retail price.

This kind of shopping behavior is bit too much for me who used to be conservative and has never happen before!! What happened? I always find accuse to buy new H things....sigh....

OK! get back to that vintage Kelly ...What do you think? Should I get it? ...would love to hear what you think?? Thank you so much!

I can really relate to these "wanting to buy it all feelings". :amuse:
And I'm all for staying reasonable, but in this case I would definitly say: GO GET IT!
It sounds absolutely :drool:worthy and classic! :woohoo:

Last edited:
I saw a similar 1980 toile Kelly at an auction that I really liked - I think it was a 32 toile with some type of chestnut color leather combo. It was a bit scruffy, didn't have a lock, keys, tirette/clochette, nor shoulder strap, and would need a trip to the spa...and ended up selling for around 750 EUR. So $2k is probably a fair price for the toile Kelly assuming it comes with all the accessories, and it seems like it would be a great bag to have for the summer! Good luck!

If the toile is clean and this bag fills a hole in your collection, get it!

Also, if this is your first adventure with toile, then it is definitely the best thing to get a vintage "cheap" bag to play with. Then you will be able to enjoy it to the fullest without worries.

hair-mess, qb20, Lyanna Stark, maryg1 ... thank you so much for your prompt reply!

This kelly comes with everything except shoulder strap. Overall condition is good. The price is reasonable, isn't it? I'd like to hear some approvals from H guru first before making any decision! :hugs:

My DH can't take any H bag questions anymore ... he said i'm shopaholic now :lecture: Still want it though! :girlsigh: ... sign!

I think a Toile Kelly is such a H classic, and will add oomph to your collection.

Is the flap covered with toile or is it full leather? There are variations to which part of the bag is toile vs leather. What about the bottom? Your awareness of which parts are toile will help you decide if you can maintain such a bag.

mrssparkle ... the flap and bottom is covered with toile. What do you think? Thank you so much!! :flowers:

Ahhhh ... This design is the one where only the sides are in leather. I personally prefer it to just the one where only the front panel is in toile.

I'm sure you will find joy owning one. Choose your occasion well though when you will be able to sit this toile Kelly up, so as not to soil the bottom.

Here are some pics of the 2 different toile Kellys :

Side panel leather
http://www.kaleidoplace.com/hermes-kelly/30-hermes-35-barenia-toile-kelly.html

Side and flap leather
attachment.php

Reactions: NOIRetMoi