What do you stylish ones think?

I don't know if I'm a stylish one. Today, not so much. I have lunch on my shirt still.

If you buy it, you must wear the heck out of it over the next few weeks. The shirts with the giant carnation-looking fabric flowers--I can't see them being IT for a terribly long time. First, because they are unusual and then because I suspect that maintaining them is hard work. I can just imagine what my washing machine or dry cleaner would do to them.

The skirt is okay. It looks so...faded. Maybe in person it is more interesting looking. If I'm going for a print skirt, I really go for it and this one is so muted that it doesn't excite me. I want to see that print but in Marimekko-style colors. Plus, I think it isn't the most flattering ever, it seems to sit too high on the model for that cut.

I don't know, there are so many great options out there that I think that better is possible. Or at least these items paired with different things. The white shirt with the nearly white skirt doesn't make me want to jump up and down with glee, which is probably why the individual pieces seem so boring to me.

I have to put in a disclaimer--I'm sitting here waiting for a call whether or not I got a job. They have 15 minutes left this business day to call. Its killing me. So, I'm probably kinda cranky. Sorries!

Last edited:
I can see the pix now (stupid IE...)! I'm not too crazy about the top. Unless you're fairly tall and thin, you can end up looking like a little girl or like you're wearing flower bouquets on your arms/shoulders. The sleeves are too poofy for my taste. I can't really see the details of the skirt...just seems like an other skirt that will work for spring/summer.

More opinions please! I'm with you purse addict79! I LOVE both of these pieces. The skirt is amazing, it has like several layers of yellow chiffon fabric layered on white cotton. Super chic. The top imho is also amazing, reminds me a tad of Catherine Malandrino, those rosettes on the sleeves are gorgeous!

my general rule of thumb is, if it makes the model look fat, there's no hope for the rest of us . . .

. . . the model looks a little . . . stout, in that full length photo, IPHO (>(oo)<)`

LOL @ stout (lvpiggy)! I love this model's figure, def not stout, she looks sexy and elegant but then I LOVE a woman with curves and oh she's got boobs too! Now her pose may not be the best! Yep Jeneen, very fun and elegant. :smile:

My rule is the same as Piggy's - if it isn't flattering on a model, it certainly won't work for me. That said, I am not a tall person, nor am I skinny-hipped. IF you are tall and on the slender side I think this could work. Do I like this outfit? Not for me, but I'm always loathe to say that on these 'do you think this would work' threads because it's a simple taste difference. If you love it, and it would work on your body, then go for it!

LOL @ stout (lvpiggy)! I love this model's figure, def not stout, she looks sexy and elegant but then I LOVE a woman with curves and oh she's got boobs too! Now her pose may not be the best! Yep Jeneen, very fun and elegant. :smile:

hehe . . . actually i realised perhaps i should clarify . . . it's more of a comparative rule of thumb, which requires comparing different photos of the same model in various outfits. i don't know how this model normally photographs, but i was operating under the assumption that clothing models for online retailers like NM, Saks, etc. generally look rather slimmer. thus i was assuming the aforementioned illusion of stoutness to be a result of the clothing rather than the model's figure . . .

^did i make any sense at all up there, or have i just managed to incite mass confusion? :lol: