What do you SAVE on so you can SPLURGE on LV?

Splurge
Handbags, it's my hobby. I sell to fund more!!
Skincare (Facials)
Disneyland, the joys of living near it.

Save
I try to drink to more water and have less coffee.
I try not to pay full retail on clothes/shoes. I love bargains!!
I cook more at home instead of going out.
I wear scrubs to work so need to dress up!
COUPONS!
I do my own mani/pedi. It's something my DD and I love to do together.

Middle
We love to go on vacations.
My hair. It's always in a bun or ponytail. A trim is must for me.

Splurge: designer handbags, nice restaurants, skincare (facials and products), the occasional amazing item (my Karen Millen coat, an intricate glass pumpkin from the MIT Great Glass Pumpkin Patch sale - gotta love craftsmanship in all of its forms!)

Middle: Clothes, shoes, vacations, furniture

Save: I don't drink coffee or alcohol, and I take public transportation everywhere.

Splurge - purses, watches, Starbucks, and pedicures

Save - NO KIDS, hair, manicures, makeup, I wear pretty basic clothes and shoes (JCrew, Gap, etc), not much 'going out', bring my lunch

Middle - jeans, technology, eating out (love dinner at a great restaurant)

Splurge - handbags, some shoes, jewellery, day spa (massages and facials) and vacations

Save - clothes usually high street brands on sale and food, hair, nails

Middle - other shoes, coffee, make up/cosmetics

Looks like I need to save on more things!!

Splurge- first and foremost anything related to my kid's needs (best rated car seats..etc), house needs, lux car, one nice handbag/year, presents/gifts for family/hubs. DH and I do not buy a large quantity of things but believe in quality

Save- everything else.... We eat out only max/once a week, cook most meals, pack our lunches, make our own coffee, I do my own nails. I only get my hair done every 3-4 months.

Middle- vacation, electronics...I like my 70 inch LED tv :smile: yes size matters!!

splurge: the occasional non-impulse handbag, LV and Miu Miu current favourites. Cheap and cheerful jewellery.

Save: coffee from 7-eleven instead of cafes, clothes from op shops, luckily I'm not interested in shoes, car is nearly 20 years old....

Splurge: All LVs:loveeyes:

Middle: Shoes. Especially for my kids' since they need quality ones that they just outgrow in months. Face and skin care but these stuff last for months anyway.

Save: Food- home cooked meals and bringing lunch to work. Clothes- discounted and clearance from name brands. I do my kids and hubby's hair and I rarely use makeup. We don't smoke. Do my own nails. And we like to host small parties for close friends rather than going out and we take short trips for now while the kids are still small.

splurge:
maybe 1 or 2 designer bags per year, slgs,
vacations (but nothing too crazy or fancy),

save:
nails,
salon max 3 times a year, coffee,
buying generic brands,
dining out (healthier to cook my own),
pack my own lunch,
wear basic clothes and always look for great sales,
the car (dont need luxury vehicles), minimize on movies, technology, & nightlife expenses,
oh and i also dont smoke or drink.

middle:
shoes,
skincare & makeup,
food (needs to be fresh and good quality!)

Splurge: handbags, jewelry, massages, insurance

Save: don't drink or smoke, transport (take the bus everywhere)
Try to sell things that I don't use anymore

Middle: clothes - have enough clothes/shoes to open my own boutique, trying to stop buying or only buy on sale
Eating out - we do enjoy our food a lot
Travel - love travelling, but we save by redeeming miles and not staying hotels

Splurge: occasional well researched LV, Starbucks, cosmetics, yarn (try to buy this on sale), eat out a lot

Save: shop at two different supermarkets to save, my kids are both on full scholarships so save on tuition, sell unwanted things, return if impulse buy, wear mostly scrubs so save on clothes, work out at home, do my own hair and mani, don't drink or smoke or do clubs

Middle vacations. We try to get deals, no luxury hotels, buy books on kindle