What do you like about Damier?

I agree with what everyone has mentioned. I like damier because it's understated but classic, not as easily recognized, and not faked as often as the monogram line.

just recently got my damier keepall 55. i love it for the fact that a few other tpfers mentioned:

1. won't show that it would get dirty as easily.
2. don't have to worry about darkening patina.
3. not screaming LV! (it's a bit more subtle. and those who know LV well enough will know the damier line and appreciate it.)
4. that and it's my first damier piece. going to use it for the first time over thanksgiving break.
5. still classic!

I love the way damier looks when worn. I have to say that when I first saw the bags, I thought it looked like a floor. (my dining room floor)...
On a side note, where I work there are these manhole type things but inside the building in the basement...I don't know what but they're probably electrical covers? Anyway, they look exactly like Chanel bags. Diamond square and black puffed up looking metal. Very funny.

Do you think ebony damier works for summer?

Definitely. Try it with pink, beige, or light blue! :love:

I love Damier for all the reasons mentioned already. It's subtle and doesn't scream "LV!!!" It goes with absolutely every other color. It's low-maintenance. It's less common. The fun red lining makes me smile (I've never had a problem with color transfer). It's classic, professional, and elegant. And of course for historical reasons; it was the first trademarked LV pattern (Louis himself never even saw the monogram pattern, it was developed in 1896, after he died). Damier rocks! :jammin:

Living in Ireland (rain, anyone?) I've found Damier to be just perfect. I could
never get the regular mono, as the vachetta would have been ruined by the time I walked out of the shop. Damier is fab. Gets a good soaking and still looks lovely!!

Only have a damier pap so far, but should be getting a damier tango at Chrimbo!

K
xx

This is the first bag I'm considering, the damier speedy. Just seems classic to me without being in your face loud. And I like the low maintenance aspect, especially with the midwest winter weather. Also, it seems to go with all sorts of outfits. I cant wait to get mine!

It was the damier speedy that caught my eye, especially after seeing it on everyone here and I knew I had to have one! I am so in love with this bag....I can see me using it all fall/winter long without changing it. It matches everything and it looks classy and understated like everyone else said. I say go for it!! :smile: