What do you do when your SO hates the bag you love?

The buttercream colour is luscious, and the chains on Lilys tend to hold up very well ( I have 2 mediums), and the chains still look impecable, after a reasonable amount of wear and tear. I would disagree with anyone who would claim they look cheap. But taste is subjective. As long as you like the bag ( which you would be right to, the buttercream is a beauty) and buy it from your own money, it's your decision alone. Wear it with pride! :smile:

I imagine the Medium Lilys are incredibly useable, for day and night! That's why I'm leaning towards the Medium rather than the regular. What colours do you have, may I ask? :smile: Do you have the buttercream? :heart:

They are usable for day and night, although be warned, they get a bit heavy when you stuff them. That's when you really notice the difference between a leather and a chain strap, but that still doesn't bother me significantly. I don't have buttercream ( although I find the colour delicious), because it wouldn't fit anything in my wardrobe-- am a lover of neutrals, green and red :smile: . My Lilys are oak and mushroom grey, and I can wear them with everything.

I'm carrying an oak croc embossed, which I think may possibly be the heaviest bag in the Mulberry arsenal :P so I doubt the Lily can be worse! Ooh, the oak Lily is beautiful, and I image mushroom grey is a great neutral for everything ~

I love Bays- the classic, not Johnny's Batman. It's actually my favourite Mulberry bag :smile:. I've never taken the plunge to buy a croc embossed, but I believe you that it can get heavy. It looks beautiful, by the way, very elegant. As far as the Lily weight is concerned, I agree, it cannot get heavier than a Bays.

I really like the Lily and I think the chain really makes the bag, without it, it would be fairly dull. I can totally 'get' how you would like your SO to like what you like. I've been with mine for 28 years now and I started off like you. The problem with always buying what each other likes is that you can get to the point where what you buy is not loved by either of you. I realised that about 15 years ago and decided to buy a picture I LOVED with a bonus from work. I still love the picture and SO can't see what I like about it. But I really like owning something that I love. We've got lots of stuff here that we both like enough to have, but loving something really makes a possession special. Do you think SO would really be that bothered about you buying something you love and she doesn't like much? And do you think you'd be happy spending so much money on something you both like enough to buy it but never really loving it? If she's cool with you spending 1000 euro on a bag then I'd go with the bag I love and explain your rationale.

I value my SOs opinion on many things but I don't really care too much what my he thinks of my bags... I'm the one carrying them after all. He loves some of them and others, like the Stella McCartney Falabella, he dislikes a lot. At least he knows not to comment negatively unless I ask directly. Maybe you can ask your SO to do the same?

Edit: haha just remembered that he used to refer to the Balenciaga City as the "cow butt bag" because of the wrinkly leather :biggrin: Now that I own one he has been more quiet about it. Like he doesn't want to offend it or something (apparently I speak of my bags as if they have feelings which must have had an effect ;) )

I value my SOs opinion on many things but I don't really care too much what my he thinks of my bags... I'm the one carrying them after all. He loves some of them and others, like the Stella McCartney Falabella, he dislikes a lot. At least he knows not to comment negatively unless I ask directly. Maybe you can ask your SO to do the same?

Edit: haha just remembered that he used to refer to the Balenciaga City as the "cow butt bag" because of the wrinkly leather :biggrin: Now that I own one he has been more quiet about it. Like he doesn't want to offend it or something (apparently I speak of my bags as if they have feelings which must have had an effect ;) )

Cow butt bag?! LOL. Sorry ;) Yeah, she tells me that if I don't want her opinion, I shouldn't ask. It's a bit of a reflex for me, asking "what do you think?" so I'm learning to not ask that so automatically when it comes to her ~